• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mediacom or Directv?

New posts
I just recently changed from Mediacom to Dish and love it. No trouble with the signal even with todays storm. You can actually call the Embarq office in Ft. Walton and get a package deal for Dish,Internet, and phone. My total bill after taxes is around $160/month and thats with 250 channels, DVR, 3MB DSL connection and home phone w/ long distance.
I have had nothing but bad luck with Mediacom. The customer service is horrible and I believe my bill was around $80/month for the family package which is only 70-80 channels.
 
Wow that satellite bill is high. I pay much less for DirecTV, although I'm sure it's more than cable.

I get all the networks in HD, including CBS but I had to get waivers.


How did you get the waivers? We have applied AGAIN and so far, nothing. Last time we lived in Pt. Washington we applied and didn't get them. Meanwhile our next door neighbor was getting local channels. I don't understand! Football season is right around the corner...> I NEED MY CHANNELS!
 
How did you get the waivers? We have applied AGAIN and so far, nothing. Last time we lived in Pt. Washington we applied and didn't get them. Meanwhile our next door neighbor was getting local channels. I don't understand! Football season is right around the corner...> I NEED MY CHANNELS!

I just asked for them but it was quite awhile ago and some of the stations may have changed their policies.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top