• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

MediaCon drops WMBB/ABC13

New posts
Thanks, SJ. I have a newer tv (about a year and a half old, a replacement for a lightning strike) but where oh where am I going to find an antenna? :confused:
For Lake View Too, you can compare the different channel lineups Dish and Direct offer on the internet. The Dothan channel (is that CBS or NBC?) is not available on Dish, is my understanding. Maybe someone who has it will update the info on that.
Embarq usually has a package deal available, if you use them for landline and/or dsl. Personally I would shop around for the best deal.
 
At this time, you cannot get local stations on Direct or Dish from what I was told. You can get them in Fort Walton, and PCB. This is due to the line of sight to the satellite's. You must use an antenna for them. I do know that Direct is in the process of activating a satellite that will allow us to get the channels. This could take a little while for them to finish bringing it online.
 
I live in SRB and I am able to get ABC and NBC local stations (13 and 7) with Dish. They explained to me that they could not offer CBS because the closest channel is 4 out of Dothan, and because it is out of Florida, they can not offer it with their package. :idontno:

The only thing I miss is 60 minutes and I can watch it online if there is something I simply must see--which doesn't happen very often.
 
I live in SRB and I am able to get ABC and NBC local stations (13 and 7) with Dish. They explained to me that they could not offer CBS because the closest channel is 4 out of Dothan, and because it is out of Florida, they can not offer it with their package. :idontno:

That seems odd. Because we're on the Okaloosa County side of the line, we're classified as part of the Mobile-Pensacola television market, and Directv has no problems with crossing state lines and giving us 3-4 different tv channels that originate in Alabama.

And there's a lot of overlap and crossing of state lines in normal boradcast television. We used to live in an area where the 'local' television market legitimately covered parts of four different states (Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee) and also dipped into a handful of counties in Arkansas and Indiana.

Which made for sheer hell during campaign season because we'd get ads from four different states (and I came to despise both Mitch McConnell and Margaret Kelly) during the run-up to the election, but that's another show.
 
I know. It sounded odd to me as well, but apparently it has something to do with a license...:idontno:and since it was not really important to me, I did not pursue it...
 
I don't care about getting a local station, I just want to see my ABC network shows - Ugly Betty, Grey's, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, DWTS....

Crap, I just realized most of my shows are on ABC!!! :bang:

Guess I'll be getting a faster internet connection so I can watch them online! ;-)
 
Thanks, SJ. I have a newer tv (about a year and a half old, a replacement for a lightning strike) but where oh where am I going to find an antenna? :confused:

If you want to shop locally, I bet the Radio Shack will have one. Otherwise I'm sure you can buy for cheap, online.
 
I bought a indoor antenna, that came with an amp. The indoor antenna did not work very well inside. So as a test I placed the antenna on my screened patio and was able to get most stations. I think the antenna cost 23 bucks. So not bad. If you get a true outdoor antenna with a much larger (Better as in more gain) amp you are only looking at around 50 to 70 dollars and you should be able to get all stations, CBS, NBC, ABC, and CW ETC.
 
I would rather have the ABC station out of Pensacola. Maybe when all this settles I can figure out how to do that. Right now, too far east and not in the Pensacola-Mobile district.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top