• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Memorable meals in SoWal

New posts

sisters4

Beach Lover
I am curious. Does anyone have a story about a memorable meal in SoWal? Whether it is the food, service or the whole experience. Would you rather have great food and so-so service or wonderful service and mediocre food? Of course we would all want the best of both but what do you think?
 
Cafe Tango! Wonderful restaurant and amazing food with a yummy wine list. All of that was memorable, but the look on our waiter's face when he realized two of our guests had fallen asleep was indeed priceless!

I've had many great meals along 30-A. And, can't think of one bad experience except those times you roll into town in the winter and most places are closed on strange days.
 
So what would your top 4 be for instance? Also why did your guests fall asleep? Fun to read your reply. Thanks.
 
Cafe Tango
Hurricane's
Red Bar
Borago
Basmatis
Elmos
Angelina's
Onano
Summer Kitchen


Sorry, I got carried away. My personal faves are Cafe Tango, Red Bar and Hurricane's. Can't wait to try Chan's, though!! Guests fell asleep because they were evidently light weights! It was an extra special groovy walk home! :lol::biggrin:
 
Me and hubby had a very memorable meal at Criolla's for an anniversary one year. I still miss that restaurant.

The most memorable was a company Christmas party at Fish out of Water. Hubby hadn't come out at work yet, but brought me. Nobody was phased except for his closeted former roommate who proceeded to down cheap whiskey like there was no tomorrow. I don't know why he was nervous, I don't think that poor girl he brought ever guessed.
 
Bud & Alley's: From the old menu the pasta special with a rich herb broth, various vegetables, and seafood. My favorite meal in SoWal ever!

Bud & Alley's Pizza Bar: Caprese, fileto, and fennel-sausage pizza. Now our favorite restaurant on 30A.

The old Shades at Seaside: Fried grouper sandwich. Perfectly cooked. The atmosphere at the bar there added to the experience(s).

Hibiscus Caf?: Spinach-feta frittata and (tie) pancakes with pecans, bananas, and blueberries, both served with fresh fruit salad. And Hibiscus iced tea. Served with love. BE GRATEFUL for that restaurant and its owner.;-)
 
top 3 restaurants in sowal

our favorites are Gravel Road, Hurricane Oyster Bar, and Paradis! We do go to the Hurricane Oyster bar a bit more because it's very affordable and close! Gravel Road is very good and Paradis is great for a special occasions:lolabove:!
 
Seagrove Village Market Cafe' - Can't make a trip down without stopping by for a most wonderful Fried Oyster Po-boy, and my sister always gets the Grouper Sandwich, son usually gets one of their yummy burgers. Wow, I wish I had a po-boy from there right now!

Red Bar - I have never had a bad meal there, and the company is wonderful. :wub: The breakfast is so, so good.

I am going to try Hibiscus on my next trip down. Can't wait.
 
lobster quesadilla at George's at Alys Beach (I don't know if they still have it, though). It wasa amazing, serves 2 easily.
 
Every meal in Sowal is memorable :biggrin:
There are so many places that I have not been to yet, regretfully. I look forward to trying Louis, Louis.
I think that good service and just so/so food is preferable, but here in Sowal, there is no excuse for either food or service to be poor. We have far too much talent on 30-A to tolerate excuses from the back or the front of the house.
I hope to see Chan's Wine World at Watercolor on this favorites list one day :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top