• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Memorial Day Holiday Weekend Traffic Alert

New posts
With locals and visitors I would expect things to be crowded. But how did the businesses do? We went to Pier Park this morning, got some coffee at Borders and walked to the movie to see the Indy flick. More people than usual for a Sunday morning, but seeing it was a holiday weekend, still not what I would have expected. Drove down the beach and it did not look all the crowded. Still people in the water with double reds flying, but not many on the beach. Lots of the hotel/motels still had vacancy signs up.
 
Robert, I went to Pier Park yesterday evening after Zion's birthday party (we had it a the Aquatic Center) and omg the place was packed. I could barely walk and we left because it was just too crowded. The waits for the restaurants were 2+ hours long. Dillards was nearly empty (their location sucks in there, too far out) though. I think you may have been at Pier Park at the wrong time or something.

I was out at Seaside tonight and there was hardly a seat to be found behind Pickles. The beach was pretty busy in Seagrove too, at least 5 times as many people as there were when I was at the same access on Friday.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top