• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mickey Rourke... love him!

New posts

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
I love this guy, and every movie he's ever been in, even the sucky ones. can't wait to see The Wrestler. He loves his dogs...


Mickey Rourke Gets in the Ring with PETA


293.ad.MickeyRourke.011309.jpg


He may not be showing off his backside like Eva Mendes or Khloe Kardashian (phew!), but tough guy Mickey Rourke is looking to kick some ass when it comes to fighting animal overpopulation.
In an effort to get the word out about the importance of spaying and neutering, the actor is once again showing his passion for pets, this time by tag-teaming with PETA on a new ad featuring his cuddly canine Jaws.
You may recall, the 52-year-old comeback kid thanked "all [his] dogs" during his acceptance speech Sunday after pinning down a Golden Globe for his art-paralleling-life-type role in The Wrestler. "Because when a man’s alone," he added, "sometimes all you got is your dog, and they meant the world to me.”
Something tells us that when it comes to pet names, "Mickey" just shot to the top.
 
Mickey

I thought Mickey was one of the most intrigueing actors of our time when he first came out (Rumblefish and 9 and 1/2 weeks) but it is honestly hard to look at him now. I understand suffering for your art, but his form of self-mutilation seems a bit much.
 
Spaying and neutering is required in the animal word to stop overpopulation thru putting a Stop to sex. In humans we do this thru marriage.
 
I thought Mickey was one of the most intrigueing actors of our time when he first came out (Rumblefish and 9 and 1/2 weeks) but it is honestly hard to look at him now. I understand suffering for your art, but his form of self-mutilation seems a bit much.

i would agree except he never suffered for his art. he may have suffered in real life due to his own decisions and actions. he is a rebel, never towed the hollywood line, ended up on skid row after some acting success (his own fault no doubt), boxed for a living (among other things), and is totally politically incorrect. and still ends up finding a way to succeed. he's very human, and also quite uniquely strange - which is what interests me about the man. (I would not say he's exactly a role model. he's no tom hanks. but his story is a good one nontheless).

I watched his acceptance speech (best actor) on Golden Globes. He thanked his dogs. as soon as I heard this, I said, "Damn! everybody needs to thank their dogs!!!":biggrin:
 
..really great actor, admire his work with animals, bad face lift, but, at this point, a walking...:trainwreck:
 
Last edited:
He was scary looking at the Golden Globes! The people doing the fashion critiques wanted to spirit him away for a makeover to make him look normal.
 
Even perezhilton.com made fun of Rourke. He says that Rourke has taken so many steroids getting ready for this movie that he can't even find his ... :blush:

I do admire him for his comeback. I want to see his movie. But I have one question -- why does someone who has presumably tried to rehabilitate himself try to look like he needs rehab?:idontno:
 
I think his face is holding up well after being dipped in vat of acid. What the he** happened to him? He used to be so dreamy. What was that movie..... Blue Orchid or was it Wild Orchid..... mmmm.... naughty.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top