• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wanted Minimum square foot requirements

New posts

icunurse36

Beach Crab
Hi All:
I was wondering if anyone knew the minimum square foot requirements in the Point Washington area, specifically on Hwy 395 North and around Eden Gardens State Park? I was thinking of building a small home there. Are tiny homes allowed in that area?

Thanks in advance,
Christine
 
Minimum sq. ft. requirements are governed by the HOA and/or the recorded covenants for the particular subdivision. Setbacks, finished floor elevations, storm water retention, are governed by the planning/building/permit departments. In some cases, setbacks, etc. are also included in the HOA/CC&R recorded docs.

I doubt a tiny house would be allowed in most of Pt. Washington. As they are on wheels and titled like a trailer home. A Katrina Cottage has been set up on E. Pt. Washington. Maybe that is an option for you?
 
Tiny houses aren't on wheels. As their name implies, they are just tiny houses and stationary.
 
We watch tiny houses all the time. The ones on wheels are only if you wish to travel with them. They also have to be within towing capacity.
 
If the tiny house thing catches on around here I may have to look into it.
I'd gladly build you a tool shed with cypress ceilings and a refrigerator for 50 grand. :D
 
I live in pt wash, nothing like a tiny home would be allowed in an HOA neighborhood. I know of some older smaller homes/cottages but not aware of anything like tiny house nation. I would imagine you would need to secure the property hire and architect to draw plans and submit your plans to planning/building dept for approval. I am sure it can be done you would just need to find the land first. I would encourage you to do your research! Building here is not cheap even if its tiny. Even the big box builders struggle with contractors. And getting thru permits does not happen quickly. I do know of a tiny house in Inlet Beach.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top