• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mohs Surgery

New posts

Nomads

Beach Comber
We are leaving for Seagrove tomorrow afternoon. Our excitement is a little clouded. My husband just found out he needs Mohs surgery on his nose. We will have to have it done down there. Does anyone know a doctor in the area who performs this procedure? We would appreciate any info you can offer.

Many thanks.
 
Nomad, there was a post a while back about a doctor opening an office in Seagrove. I'm not so good about searching for posts so maybe someone will remember the doctor's name and respond. Good luck!
 
We found a doctor in Ft. Walton Beach.

Thank you Mermaid for a quick response.

If anyone needs info, let us know.

We are so appreciative of this message board and always look forward to reading it.

I hope one day we can help someone else.
 
Hey, What's Mohs Surgery?
 
Nomad...here's your first chance to help out! See, it didn't take long! Good luck with the surgery.
 
Landlocked said:
Hey, What's Mohs Surgery?
it's skin cancer surgery for the face. its a much more delicate procedure than regular melanoma removal, so that it leaves no scar ideally.
 
Well Landlocked, it is skin cancer surgery. They take a thin sample and exam it to see if they need to go further. Last time, they had to do it three times before they got it all. Many stitches were required but they did a good job. Bottom line - wear sunscreen now!!!!! Saw a man come out with his nose bandaged like Rudolph. He needed plastic surgery to repair the damage.

Thanks for the good wishes.
 
Nomad, the salon where I get my facials sells this sunscreen and I think it's excellent (and I'm fair-skinned so I know about this). It's called Pro-Tect SPF 20, for high sun protection broad-spectrum coverage. It is made by a company called A-Cute Derm, out of Houston, TX. (800) 922-2883. I swear by this stuff!
 
Yes. Wear your sunscreen, and not just on your face. Hands, legs, the part line on your scalp. And please...if you have any freckles or bumps that are suspect in any way, please, please go get them checked. It was a friend of mine who urged me to do this in January because his sister was dying of melanoma. I agreed to do it for him, but didnt think much of it. Well, turns out his urging saved my life. Over the last few months I've had 4 different surgeries for skin cancer, including 2 melanomas and a few Moh's. It's all about catching it early. Because too many people love you. :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top