• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Moon Alert

New posts
Very nice show here! I walked outside and there was a thin stripe of light across the yard.

The stars were really clear, too--I could even see each of the Pleiades. (It would have been clearer had it not been for the light pollution from the gas station.)

Even better, a thunderstorm is brewing south of here, so we had an occasional bolt of lightning.

I won't get to see it come back because it's sinking behind the trees too quickly. Oh, well.
 
i can't see it here...dangit!...either too much cloud...or too many trees
 
i could see it when i was walking in the parking lot at work, but when i got home at 6, there were too many trees to see it....what i saw was neat tho...
 
I am so jealous. :bang: I was out late last night. :yawn: The moon was beautimus. :wub: I feel asleep :sleeping:
 
I was able to see it from the beach at Gulfview Heights. The clouds stayed away right up until the full eclipse. It was cool! I wanted to stay to watch the moon return, but the clouds moved in and it stared to rain pretty hard believe it or not. Didn't want to melt so made a run for it.
 
I didn't make it. And forgot to set the alarm! :bang: :bang: :bang:

:bang: ANYONE GET PICS???? :confused: :confused: :confused:
 
It was pretty cool...if I had been smart, I would have gone to the beach at 3:00 when I found it hadn't started yet, but nooooo....

Y'know, it gets quite dark when the moon is in full eclipse and a cloud shields it from view. And that's fine, assuming you didn't walk 100 yards from your house to find an open area without trees in the way. Or, if you had thought to take a flashlight. Or, if you had thought to maybe pull on some pants and shoes before leaping out into the yard.

:eek:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top