• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

More auction stuff....

New posts
These seem like some nice properties. 45 White Cliffs Lane looks really interesting. If I had fewer SoWal properties and more cash, I'd take a shot at some of these.
 
I agree. I wonder if the owners have to liquidate or if they are just testing the auction method waters for pricing....
 
It looks like 45 White Cliffs Lane is going at an "absolute" auction. Supposedly, they have agreed to accept whatever is bid. I'd like to attend, just to watch, but our grandson's birthday party is more important. Besides, I wouldn't want to do anything that would get me into trouble -- like buy another property.
 
So the listings of the "absolute auctions" with auction dates of March 11, without the sold banner across them, had zero bidders??? Why doesn't Ben (Anderson) post the sales and the prices in the MLS? He is a member of ECAR?
 
Smiling JOe said:
So the listings of the "absolute auctions" with auction dates of March 11, without the sold banner across them, had zero bidders??? Why doesn't Ben (Anderson) post the sales and the prices in the MLS? He is a member of ECAR?

So what's up with that? Do the absolute auctions have a reserve price? I can't believe that somebody wouldn't bid $1000 and buy that place. Don't understand the rules or terminology I guess. :idontno: Gonna have to go to one and check out. Is this the one that holds them at the property site?
 
Cork On the Ocean said:
So what's up with that? Do the absolute auctions have a reserve price? I can't believe that somebody wouldn't bid $1000 and buy that place. Don't understand the rules or terminology I guess. :idontno: Gonna have to go to one and check out. Is this the one that holds them at the property site?
Cork, for all I know, they did sell, but it is interesting to me that some of the properties have a sold banner and others do not. :idontno: I guess the back up plan is that if someone's bid isn't high enough for the seller, the seller would simply bid on his own property and take a hit on closing costs and fees?
 
Smiling JOe said:
Cork, for all I know, they did sell, but it is interesting to me that some of the properties have a sold banner and others do not. :idontno: I guess the back up plan is that if someone's bid isn't high enough for the seller, the seller would simply bid on his own property and take a hit on closing costs and fees?

Yea, after your post, I also saw the sold banners and thought how could it not be sold if it was "absolute" which apparently doesn't mean what I thought it did. I thought it was like on ebay with "no reserve" :idontno: . Definitely have to learn a little more about the process.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top