• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

More Restaurant Closings???

New posts
You might be on to something there. A lot of locals were surprised at the high number of new restaurants which opened in the last 5 years or so. As if new businesses opening was tied to the real estate boom. Many were bound to fail as the pie got spread thin.
But I won't be surprised if we have the same number of restaurants open as close in the near future , many of which are in the works now.

I like how in many populated places such as New Orleans, bad restaurants generally are not tolerated and don't survive. The locals won't put up with bad food or service. However, tourist areas often have bad restaurants which are able to survive because of the understandable ignorance of new visitors every week. Maybe our forum here can serve that purpose a bit, and help make everyone have to be better, while the weak perish.

Kurt,

Just so you know, when we were down in February, all the restaurants we went to were highly recommended on sowal.com. D & K's - F'ing awsome, cafe 30A - again, Fish out of Water, Flip Flops and Boraggo's all outstanding. They all came from this site! We also love B & A's, Hurricane, and Gravel Road, which must have just opened when we first went there. We have many friends in the business here in Omaha, and I can tell you that the restaurants of 30A do it better than anyone. We never know where to go first. Keep it Up!

:clap:
 
Last edited:
Seerings

David Seering owns the suite where Seerings Piano Cafe is located and as of now, my understanding is that he plans to re-open, likely in the Spring. I sure hope so, because I love the place.
 
Kurt,

Just so you know, when we were down in February, all the restaurants we went to were highly recommended on sowal.com. D & K's - F'ing awsome, cafe 30A - again, Fish out of Water, Flip Flops and Boraggo's all outstanding. They all came from this site! We also love B & A's, Hurricane, and Gravel Road, which must have just opened when we first went there. We have many friends in the business here in Omaha, and I can tell you that the restaurants of 30A do it better than anyone. We never know where to go first. Keep it Up!

:clap:

That's good to hear!
 
David Seering owns the suite where Seerings Piano Cafe is located and as of now, my understanding is that he plans to re-open, likely in the Spring. I sure hope so, because I love the place.

He holds the loan note for it. He doesn't own it outright though.
 
I wish the best to everyone in the business. My daughter just graduated in May with a Hospitality degree and it is a hard time for the industry in many locations.

I had no idea until she got into the business how fickle it can actually be and how much small things can affect the success of a restaurant.

It was a certainly an eye opener for me, who had only been a customer and never seen the other side until now of what workers and owners face.

Good luck to all of you.
 
I wish the best to everyone in the business. My daughter just graduated in May with a Hospitality degree and it is a hard time for the industry in many locations.

I had no idea until she got into the business how fickle it can actually be and how much small things can affect the success of a restaurant.

It was a certainly an eye opener for me, who had only been a customer and never seen the other side until now of what workers and owners face.

Good luck to all of you.


It can only take one bad meal to destroy a good restaurant. It is always the bad news that travels fast. We had a great little pizza joint here that had great food and service. They decided to expand, and opening night was the last night that we were there, and they are now closed.
 
I had heard he was moving back to Louisiana with or without the restaurant selling. :idontno:


who knows for sure anymore what's going on???

I think gator has one of the best house bands on 30A

I hope he sticks around and keeps rockin the house..............;-)

that's if Walton Co will allow it.............:idontno:
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top