• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

More Seaside Rumors

New posts

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
There are rumors flying about Seaside and all the changes they are going to make in the near future. Does anyone know about plans for the Seaside Neighborhood School? The latest news is that the property where the school is will be sold for homesites. It sounds improbable, but not impossible.

One thing that is true is that the Seaside Medical Arts Building has been sold. Dr. Varnadore is being evicted by the new owners. He is currently looking for somewhere to relocate, but there is the possibility that he may leave 30-A altogether. For those of us who live on 30-A, he is our doctor.

Without shops, a doctor's office, and even a school, Seaside won't be a "town" anymore. It is very sad, but we all know the motivation--$$$$$!
 
It would surprise me. . . . .. No it wouldn't.

I know there are plans to build a performing arts center next to the school so hopefully things are looking up.
 
kurt said:
Very insightful. :roll: You must have had a little green beer left over. :lol:


I think I saw the Mystic's car outside of McGuires Pub in Destin when driving to Ft Walton this morning.
 
It is official. Today we received a letter from Dr. Varnadore. He is closing his practice effective April 27th. That leaves us witout a Dr. on 30-A. There is a physician's assistant in Seagrove, but no Dr.

Anyone know of a pediatrician who'd like to come to South Walton? I guarantee that he/she would have a booming practice. We have a beautiful new hospital with a physician's office building, but we still have to drive to Panama City or Ft. Walton to see a real pediatrician.

I've heard that the Medical Arts building is being torn down and replaced with houses.
 
Part of the problem is that medical malpractice insurance costs are insane in Florida. I've heard 3-4x what they are in Missisippi. I know doctors just starting out who won't think of coming to the state because of the insurance siutation. Add in housing costs (or alternately commuting costs) and the area's got some big strikes against it even with all the beaches have to offer.
 
The Seaside Neighborhood School is not going away.

Just today I heard that a woman pediatrician will be opening an office at Gulf Place. Hope it's true. Sure will miss Dr. Varnadore.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top