• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mosquito control...

New posts

DD

SoWal Expert
:eek: :eek: I need some good suggestions on how to get rid of them in my shady damp yard without killing every other living creature....help. :idontno:
SJ?? JohnR??
 
install screen porch, bat houses, martin houses, and I hear that in TX, those skeeters get so big that you can shoot them, clean them, batter 'em up and fry them.
 
:biggrin: You know us Texans too well................
 
install screen porch, bat houses, martin houses, and I hear that in TX, those skeeters get so big that you can shoot them, clean them, batter 'em up and fry them.

That ain't no lie!!! I've got the screened in porch, but you're so right about the bat houses--I had forgotten about that. I know we have bats in the neighborhood. I'm on it!!
 
DD,
There's a liquid concentrate of Bacillus thuringensis (BTi) - similar to the mosquito "donuts" for ponds. Although it is listed for use in ponds/water to kill the larvae, I have mixed it in my tank sprayer and sprayed on my yard - seemed to help!
They are bad this year with all our rain. And Sj - they are surprisingly really small in TX. ;-) Now in the midwest and the NE they get big!
.
 
I also recall seeing a product, Mosquito Magnet, but I have not read up on how it works. I know that Hibiscus, in Grayton, has one in back yard. I believe it uses CO2 to attrack the skeeters, then traps them in some way.
 
DD,
There's a liquid concentrate of Bacillus thuringensis (BTi) - similar to the mosquito "donuts" for ponds. Although it is listed for use in ponds/water to kill the larvae, I have mixed it in my tank sprayer and sprayed on my yard - seemed to help!
They are bad this year with all our rain. And Sj - they are surprisingly really small in TX. ;-) Now in the midwest and the NE they get big!
.

Yes, I looked at it yesterday...they also showed me Orange Oil.

I also recall seeing a product, Mosquito Magnet, but I have not read up on how it works. I know that Hibiscus, in Grayton, has one in back yard. I believe it uses CO2 to attrack the skeeters, then traps them in some way.

Will check this out too...

I'm having a party on the 9th and would love to have everyone outside, but don't want 'em eaten alive. Will let y'all know what I eventually decide on....and how it works.
 
I can't wait to get back to Dallas. :lie:
 
edit: duh, nevermind. SJ already posted it. I was wondering if anyone knew firsthand how well the CO2 emitters worked.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top