• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Most exotic houses/structures

New posts

Waterman

Beach Lover
What do you think is the most exotic house and/or structure in SoWal? I think the concrete house in (I believe to be ALY Beach area) is the most exotic I have seen. Who owns this house, it is huge!
 
This one is my nominee for most unusual architecture. The designer thought it would be cool to build an underground house in Florida. It is located in Freeport and is available for $800,000. Perhaps it should go into the other catagory about most courageous price, but I really think the underground feature fits this category the best. Exotic for sure. Notice the grass on top of the house.
 
I already have enough grass to mow without having to mow my roof.

"You watching the game today?"

"Naw, I gotta mow the roof."
 
Waterman said:
What do you think is the most exotic house and/or structure in SoWal? I think the concrete house in (I believe to be ALY Beach area) is the most exotic I have seen. Who owns this house, it is huge!
Yes, that is definitely the most outrageous house I've seen anywhere. Apparently it is owned by a major Florida asphalt contractor. Supposedly it has stages for a full orchestra in the living area. I've even heard that it has a huge aquarium in the basement. What puzzles me is why it is taking so long to complete. If my memory serves me correctly (disclaimer: it frequently doesn't), that house was well under way in 2000. It makes one wonder if there are budgetary problems.
 
I've been told by a reliable source that the guy who is building it is a gentleman from Panama City. He is supposedly related to but not a part of the hotel Hiltons. The house costs $25mil and was the largest single family home building permit ever issued in the state of Fla.
 
I too have heard that is a "Hilton Home". I assumed hotel hier.
 
phdphay said:
Yes, that is definitely the most outrageous house I've seen anywhere. Apparently it is owned by a major Florida asphalt contractor. Supposedly it has stages for a full orchestra in the living area. I've even heard that it has a huge aquarium in the basement. What puzzles me is why it is taking so long to complete. If my memory serves me correctly (disclaimer: it frequently doesn't), that house was well under way in 2000. It makes one wonder if there are budgetary problems.
Concrete man, not asphalt.
 
luvthebeach said:
I've been told by a reliable source that the guy who is building it is a gentleman from Panama City. He is supposedly related to but not a part of the hotel Hiltons. The house costs $25mil and was the largest single family home building permit ever issued in the state of Fla.

According to the architect the home is 9500 sq ft. I'm not sure how "largest single family home" is qualified, but I'm positive there are homes with more square footage in the state.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top