• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mount Alys

New posts
kurt said:
No, but he has 3 hotels in PCB. According to a recent article in the paper over there he has been at odds for a long time with environmentalists. They have tried to get him to turn the lights down and he has told them to move the turtles away from his lights.

Well, it is a good thing he has money...because he sure doesn't have any sense!!! Jerk!!! Ok, so I don't know the guy, and as the saying goes "Judge not least you be judged". But my goodness, he does not deserve to have this house, if that is how he feels about the turtles. I love them and want them to survive, but with people like this, they are going to have a hard time.
 
kurt said:
No, but he has 3 hotels in PCB. According to a recent article in the paper over there he has been at odds for a long time with environmentalists. They have tried to get him to turn the lights down and he has told them to move the turtles away from his lights.


:roll:
 
Smiling JOe said:
He is related to the Hiltons, not THE Hiltons.
He is a contractor based in Panty Maw Shiitty. His house is the big chunck of pointy concrete on the left in the photo.
SM - I think I probably enjoy your posts more than any other on this board and I agree with everyone's sentiments on the Hilton house, but what is your meaning in regard to Panty Maw SHIITTY? :idontno:
 
kurt said:
No, but he has 3 hotels in PCB. According to a recent article in the paper over there he has been at odds for a long time with environmentalists. They have tried to get him to turn the lights down and he has told them to move the turtles away from his lights.

Who knows...maybe this summer "Mom Nature" will decide to whack his hotels and send that pile of sand right through his house and out the other side--then we'll see who gets the last laugh (most likely it will be the turtles).
 
Smiling JOe said:
He is related to the Hiltons, not THE Hiltons.
He is a contractor based in Panty Maw Shiitty. His house is the big chunck of pointy concrete on the left in the photo.
Smiling Joe (SJ) my above post was meant for you. I meant SJ not SM - I wasn't really :confused: just a typo - anyway Panty Maw SHIITTY???? :idontno:
 
imasunbum said:
Smiling Joe (SJ) my above post was meant for you. I meant SJ not SM - I wasn't really :confused: just a typo - anyway Panty Maw SHIITTY???? :idontno:

That's what I have heard folks call PC for as long as I can remember. It's just a joke. ;-)
 
imasunbum said:
Smiling Joe (SJ) my above post was meant for you. I meant SJ not SM - I wasn't really :confused: just a typo - anyway Panty Maw SHIITTY???? :idontno:
See Steeleing1's post above. I first heard the term from a car dealer working in Panama City. I thought the guy was so funny that I bought a car from him. He hated Panama City, saying that his wife made him move there. He said that Whitey had to much control over the city, and maybe that is where he got the name, but I have a feeling it has been around for a while. As for the Panty part, drive down the Strip during Spring Break, but don't crash.
 
A delightful bit of irony I'd like to share...I'm reading a book that makes me think of the Hilton house again and again...The Edifice Complex. I tried to get it at Sundog and they didn't have it. I stumbled across it at Fonville Press!
 
I say open the doors throw in some sand and let the turtles take over!!! :clap_1:
 
Since everyone is talking about Alys Beach, does anyone know what's happening on the west side of that development? I noticed a lot of heavy equipment there a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been back since.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top