• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mounting and balancing tires

New posts

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
I've found a sweet deal for new tires for the Frogmobile at www.tirerack.com and need someone local to mount and balance.

Who do you know that will do it without a lot of attitude (since I won't have bought the tires from them).?

All other things being equal, the closer to Seagrove, the better.

By the way, I can happily recommend Tire Rack. I've bought a lot of tires from them. Their prices are so good that you can buy, ship, mount and balance for less than locally bought tires with "free" mounting and balancing. And their customer service is always good.
 
Not exactly close, but I had tires rotated recently at the Tuffy up on Hwy 98, at the Walton/Okaloose county line. I have used them for years for all sorts of things. No attitude there, they have always been very professional.
 
Check out Frimet on Back Beach next to the Dollar General store. Have all my auto work done by Mark and Mike. 233-6070.
PS- totally agree about Tire Rack, have been buying my tires from them for years and have had them mounted and balanced at Frimet,
 
I've found a sweet deal for new tires for the Frogmobile at www.tirerack.com and need someone local to mount and balance.

Who do you know that will do it without a lot of attitude (since I won't have bought the tires from them).?

All other things being equal, the closer to Seagrove, the better.

By the way, I can happily recommend Tire Rack. I've bought a lot of tires from them. Their prices are so good that you can buy, ship, mount and balance for less than locally bought tires with "free" mounting and balancing. And their customer service is always good.

There is a retired veteran in DeFuniak that has all the equipment to do this. Does not charge much. Usually can get me tires cheaper than tirerack. But I have bought from them when it is a size or brand he can not get. Sonny-892-9717.
 
Thanks to all. I'm also checking out Tire Rack's list of recommended installers.

I'll pass on a review after I get the tires ordered and installed.
 
Tirerack listed Goodyear's price at I think $22... ended up costing me $38 each by the time it was all said and done. They said they had no control over tireracks website. Unfortunately, my wife had taken the Suv with the tires in the back and didn't know any better about the price.

Call first and don't go by the tirerack prices...
 
Tirerack listed Goodyear's price at I think $22... ended up costing me $38 each by the time it was all said and done. They said they had no control over tireracks website. Unfortunately, my wife had taken the Suv with the tires in the back and didn't know any better about the price.

Call first and don't go by the tirerack prices...

Aha. Thanks.

$38 each to mount and balance. Holy Moly. I'll be willing to bet you that Goodyear doesn't turn out to be my first choice.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top