• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mt. Laurel, Alabama - photos

New posts

Kurt

Admin
A new urban town on the outskirts of Birmingham by EBSCO, the developers of Alys Beach.

Pictures are from all over the town, which features live/work buildings, commercial buildings, park, pool, lake and dam, public elementary school, and firehouse. They are just completing a Montessori School also.

Thought some of you might be interested - http://mooncreek.com/mtlaurel

060925-mtlaurel-144.jpg
 
Wow- very nice. Andre-Duany (spelling?) is doing a similar development here (Norton Commons), but I like the Mt. Laurel style better- the houses blend better with the surroundings.
 
Great pics Kurt. I'm sure it is spectacular in the fall when the leaves start to change.

Anybody remember fall colors?
 
That's a wonderful collection of photos, Kurt. How long did it take you to shoot those? You must have been worn out by the time you were done.

I take pictures of pretty manhole covers as well. ;-)
 
Great pics Kurt. I'm sure it is spectacular in the fall when the leaves start to change.

Anybody remember fall colors?

Thanks y'all - there were just a few colors and I was wishing I was doing it about 4 weeks later. But it was a perfect 75 degree day. ;-)
 
That's a wonderful collection of photos, Kurt. How long did it take you to shoot those? You must have been worn out by the time you were done.

I take pictures of pretty manhole covers as well. ;-)

Thanks! :blush: I hear some people collect actual manhole covers - sounds dangerous.

We were on a deadline so I scouted the evening before and shot them all the next day from about 7:30-4:30. I was on foot all morning and not used to hills, so after the fat cheeseburger for lunch I was in a golf cart for the rest of the afternoon. :lol:
 
Kurt, what side of B'ham is this new town on? We have to go through coming and going so we might stop by and take a look. It reminds me so much of the Adirondacks and the Catskills with all the stacked stone walls. We used to vacation there all the time when I was a kid. :wub:
 
Thanks! :blush: I hear some people collect actual manhole covers - sounds dangerous.

We were on a deadline so I scouted the evening before and shot them all the next day from about 7:30-4:30. I was on foot all morning and not used to hills, so after the fat cheeseburger for lunch I was in a golf cart for the rest of the afternoon. :lol:

Charleston, SC has beatiful manhole covers. Palm tree design.
 
Gorgeous photos. But I wish I hadn't looked at them because now I want to move there. It appears the planners thought of just about everything. Wow.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top