• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

My Cheatin Oyster

New posts

JamBone

Beach Fanatic
i have a serious problem...

i ate oysters at nicks tonight...

in the sticks...

shucked by mr trey himself...

they were the best oysters i have ever eaten in my life...

ive had oysters in france

in japan

in california and oregon and washington

in cape cod and maine and long island

in alabama in louisiana and in texas

the best i have ever had are from apalachicola - the bay - the town - the oyster

until tonight...

north bay

the saint andrews bay system

bay county florida

lynn haven florida

the north bay oyster is the sweetest, plumpest, saltiest, cleanest oyster that has ever been two chewed on the left and one chewed on the right in this guys mouth ever...

i feel like i have just committed adultrey...

i'll always love you apalachicola - forever -

sorry...

i'm in love
 
I've heard another Sowaller recently talking about this very thing! Looks like a roadtrip to Nicks is in order! Who's coming with?
 
I've heard another Sowaller recently talking about this very thing! Looks like a roadtrip to Nicks is in order! Who's coming with?


:wave:

The Walton Sun needs to hire Scott to write restaurant reviews. Everything he writes about any restaurant makes me want to go there immediately!
 
I love RAW oysters! When eating only one type in a sitting, it is difficult to note differences in taste, unless your palate is well-refined. I've been fortunate to experience many tastings, comparing the taste of different oysters. I love me some Apalachicola Oysters, and the fact that they are regionally harvested, increases my love even more. I like the big ones, salty as all get out. However, in all of my tastings, one oyster stands out, and you don't find them on menus around here (at least I haven't seen them) -- Malbec Oysters are at the top of my taste list.

Scott, thanks for the heads up on the North Bay Oysters.

FYI -- The Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance is in the process of rebuilding oyster reefs in the Choctawhatchee Bay, and they are looking for volunteers for a couple of days. Oysters work hard at cleaning the water in our Bay, so in addition to being mighty tasty, they are also a critical animal in our life-system.
 
I can remember eating oysters at a Place called Peewee's in Panama City by the marina. Peewee was an old oysterman. He got into a row with another oysterman who blew up Peewee's oysterbar..Peewee told me his oyster were blown all over the street and he went outside and sold them for a dime each. He stood there and shucked them in the street for all takers..I just love old Florida
 
now im all confused again because i had six little apalachicola beauties yesterday at jambone and they were SOOOOO good.

dang... ok a tie between those north bays at nicks and the appies!!


whose gonna eat a pre shucked oyster anyway????
 
I think I need a cigarette after reading this!!!!! :blush:

I love me some raw oysters and boy did this make me crave them!!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top