• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

mystery shopping

New posts

Danny's Girl

Beach Comber
I'm looking to become a mystery shopper, but I want to make sure I find a legitimate company. Does anyone have any good info on mystery shopping?
Thanks
 
I'm looking to become a mystery shopper, but I want to make sure I find a legitimate company. Does anyone have any good info on mystery shopping?
Thanks
Where do you live? I have been a mystery shopper before. I spoke directly with a company and paid no fee. I think that is the key, don't buy into any of the internet scams of paying to get your name on a list, or paying for a directory. It doesn't work. I would offer the company I worked for, but they are only local to Oklahoma. All types of places have mystery shoppers. I did restaurants, banks, convenience stores, retail outlets and more. When gas prices started climbing, it made the whole idea less attractive. Good luck.
 
What is a Mystery Shopper? I know I could look it up, but I would rather hear it from someone who has done it.
 
What is a Mystery Shopper? I know I could look it up, but I would rather hear it from someone who has done it.
A business hires a firm to see how a "hired shopper" rates their business on the things the predetermine. For instance, I shopped a restaurant. I would make mental notes and immediately after eating there (for free) I would complete their survey. It would include everything from the greeting, to wait time, time between courses, whether the food was hot, good, etc. It was kinda fun, although I HATED the bank shops!
 
A business hires a firm to see how a "hired shopper" rates their business on the things the predetermine. For instance, I shopped a restaurant. I would make mental notes and immediately after eating there (for free) I would complete their survey. It would include everything from the greeting, to wait time, time between courses, whether the food was hot, good, etc. It was kinda fun, although I HATED the bank shops!

Thank you DL for the explanation. I don't think I would be good at this...I hate to shop for anything, well except for beer. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top