• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need Babysitters - DESPERATE

New posts
Tootsie said:
I have no idea and I would love a good dependable babysitter! don't know if I want a teen though.

Tootsie, if you feed me, and house me, I will come and be your live in nanny. You will never want for a sitter again. Except when I want to go out and party you would have to sit for your own kids. :biggrin:
 
Tootsie said:
I have no idea and I would love a good dependable babysitter! don't know if I want a teen though.

Tootsie, teens make wonderful babysitters! I sat through my high school years for a great family which became personal friends as I got older. My two teens babysat also and "their" kids loved them. My son looked after all the boys in the neighborhood and he was always in demand. He never bothered to find a "real" job because the sitting--at $5/hour, no tax, paid much better. A lot of mothers cried when he found a girlfriend at 16 and had no more time. :floor:
 
Last edited:
Smiling JOe said:
Again, Kathydwells, do you do cleaning for room and board? :idontno:

I would if I had too, to live down there Smiley J. There is not much I would not do, if I could do it and live at the beach!
 
Chickpea said:
As kind and as nice as everyone here is it has been my limited experience that parents guard their babysitters here like they were liquid gold.

Can anyone on this board offer some suggestions/referrals. Be honest, be blunt and let me know if the names you suggest have been tried and tested. I haev a feeling this link will help so many people.

Also, I live here full time (luck me!!!) so would appreciate mostly names of people who also live here. Many thanks in advance.

We are struggling with this same issue. Our son will be 11 months old for his first beach trip. While we can't wait to spend as much time with him as we can, a night out for just mom & dad would be nice. But to me, it would be better to just stay home at the beach house than leave him with someone I am not completely comfortable with. As I know no one from the area that babysits, I would be constantly worried if we left him with someone we didn't know, which would ruin the evening anyway.

We are thinking about asking one of our regular babysitters to drive down for the final weekend of our stay. Give her a weekend at the beach, plus a little money. Not to mention, I would get to see her in a bikini ;-)
 
JB said:
We are struggling with this same issue. Our son will be 11 months old for his first beach trip. While we can't wait to spend as much time with him as we can, a night out for just mom & dad would be nice. But to me, it would be better to just stay home at the beach house than leave him with someone I am not completely comfortable with. As I know no one from the area that babysits, I would be constantly worried if we left him with someone we didn't know, which would ruin the evening anyway.

We are thinking about asking one of our regular babysitters to drive down for the final weekend of our stay. Give her a weekend at the beach, plus a little money. Not to mention, I would get to see her in a bikini ;-)

JB, that's an excellent idea. It's one of those win/win situations, given that you live relatively close to the beach. :clap_1:
 
When our girls were young, we brought sitters. It was perfect....I could enjoy the beach and spend time with the girls when I wanted.
 
My daughter is soon to be 16 and attends SoWal HS. She and her friend started a sitting service last summer in the Sandestin resort. While their prices are not $5 an hour, they have great references, great experience (we have a 5 year old that has been her "teacher"), are reliable and have parents nearby in case of emergency. Sitting on school nights is limited. If you are interested, send me your email and I will pass on contact info. They come to sit and ready to entertain.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top