• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need info. regarding carilion beach

New posts

SoRob

Beach Crab
Is anyone familiar with the Carillon Beach area? Is this an area that would be nice for families and can you describe the town? Do they have activities for kids or families? Do they have shops to walk too. How does it compare to Rosemary Beach?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
 
Overall I think Carillon is a nice development, with an attractive residential area of single family homes and a 'downtown' with a New Orleans French Quarter theme and a few shops you can stroll in.

They are curently building some condos on the north side of their development, close to the downtown area which makes the entire place look like a construction site. Noise issues may be a concern.

Rosemary is larger, has more activity, and is probably a better bet for a family with children as there will be lots of other kids for them to bum around with.
 
There have been a few threads on carillon so you might try the search feature. It is a little roomier than Rosemary and Seaside and a little quieter.
 
:welcome:

I like the look and feel of Carillon - it's really more traditional old florida looking, has a cute square with a few shops, a restaurant, coffee shop. I would certainly enjoy staying there. Rosemary Beach has more to offer as far as shops and things to see and do, but they have their share of on-going construction too. You can certainly stay in Carillon and also enjoy Rosemary Beach since its so close...
 
:biggrin: Since Hava Java opens at 7:00 a.m. and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, I might have to go some morning and have a pastry and coffee! I am sure they have specialty coffees like Starbucks maybe!!! Anyone know???
 
ladydebubba60 said:
:biggrin: Since Hava Java opens at 7:00 a.m. and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, I might have to go some morning and have a pastry and coffee! I am sure they have specialty coffees like Starbucks maybe!!! Anyone know???

don't know about specialty coffees - but it's an adorable little coffee shop. I've only ordered latte's there. Check it out!
 
:biggrin: I like latte's also! So I should find something in there that will catch my fancy! Thanks.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top