• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need Knitting Yarn

New posts

mmpat

Beach Crab
Good morning,

I've been vacationing in these parts for over 20 years and have been an owner for the last 6. I'm a confessed lurker of this board :D

Today, I find myself in need of some yarn. I started a project last night and realized that this will have to be the "test" project and the real one will need another skein. So, besides the Wal Mart, is there a "yarn" store around here?

Thanks for the help I know I'll get.
 
Other than Hobby Lobby or Michael's I can't think of one. There's a Michael's in Destin and PC, but there is only one Hobby Lobby and it's also in PC.
 
There is a beautiful yarn store in Miramar- Destin Yarn Shop. On the north side of 98, after you go past the outlets, next door to the Bay Breeze patio store. Shares a building with a mattress store.
 
Good morning,

I've been vacationing in these parts for over 20 years and have been an owner for the last 6. I'm a confessed lurker of this board :D

Today, I find myself in need of some yarn. I started a project last night and realized that this will have to be the "test" project and the real one will need another skein. So, besides the Wal Mart, is there a "yarn" store around here?

Thanks for the help I know I'll get.

Downtown Ft. Walton has the best yarn shop I know of in the area. Can't think of the name of it right now, but it's in the old downtown -- as you're driving west on 98, it's on the left, not long after you cross the Brooks Bridge.
 
Good morning,

I've been vacationing in these parts for over 20 years and have been an owner for the last 6. I'm a confessed lurker of this board :D

Today, I find myself in need of some yarn. I started a project last night and realized that this will have to be the "test" project and the real one will need another skein. So, besides the Wal Mart, is there a "yarn" store around here?

Thanks for the help I know I'll get.

If you want to save yourself the drive, Ebay is a very good source for yarn. I've gotten some lovely Italian and Turkish yarns via winning bids, and for a lot less than it would cost at specialty shops. Though I have to admit that although it's practical, the tactile aspect of yarn buying at a real shop is hard to beat. :blush:
 
yarn shop on 98

Good morning,

I've been vacationing in these parts for over 20 years and have been an owner for the last 6. I'm a confessed lurker of this board :D

Today, I find myself in need of some yarn. I started a project last night and realized that this will have to be the "test" project and the real one will need another skein. So, besides the Wal Mart, is there a "yarn" store around here?

Thanks for the help I know I'll get.


there is an yarn shop on 98

bizicon1.gif
Destin Yarn Shop


0_stars.png
Be the First to Review
79 Forest Shore Drive
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
(850) 650-0006
 
Destin Yarn Shop, mentioned above, would be the closest (and best) source for yarns in our area. BTW, Walmart has cut their yarns greatly about a year ago, and they pretty much carry only crappola now. If the Destin Yarn Shop doesn't work for you, the next best source would be Michael's located in Destin, south of Destin Commons. (you can google it for mapping). As Walmart diminished its yarn inventory, Michael's increased their inventory of yarns. You won't find the premium, single-spun boutique yarns, but you will find an ample supply of various textures, sizes and colors.

If those two don't work, Hobby Lobby located in Panama City (caution: you don't want to drive there during spring break as Panama City Beach traffic is aweful during spring break and it will take you an hour to gett there.) In Destin, there is an Old Time Pottery, located past Destin Commons, which may have some yarns. It has been a long time since I've been there, and I cannot recall ever buying yarn there, but it may be an option to the others mentioned.
 
Hey Murray,

When did Michael's increase inventory? I was looking for yarn over the holidays and they had only 1 or 2 choices of the really cool yarns. I was quite disappointed. I like to use the newer "snappy/fuzzy" type yarns and have found the best selection at Hobby Lobby but i've never been to Destin Yarn Shop so need to check it out.



Destin Yarn Shop, mentioned above, would be the closest (and best) source for yarns in our area. BTW, Walmart has cut their yarns greatly about a year ago, and they pretty much carry only crappola now. If the Destin Yarn Shop doesn't work for you, the next best source would be Michael's located in Destin, south of Destin Commons. (you can google it for mapping). As Walmart diminished its yarn inventory, Michael's increased their inventory of yarns. You won't find the premium, single-spun boutique yarns, but you will find an ample supply of various textures, sizes and colors.

If those two don't work, Hobby Lobby located in Panama City (caution: you don't want to drive there during spring break as Panama City Beach traffic is aweful during spring break and it will take you an hour to gett there.) In Destin, there is an Old Time Pottery, located past Destin Commons, which may have some yarns. It has been a long time since I've been there, and I cannot recall ever buying yarn there, but it may be an option to the others mentioned.
 
There's a new shop in Freeport - Yards N Yarn, carries yarn and fabric - no need to drive too far now.
331 north to 20 - turn left it's on the right by Veternarian
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top