• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

need place between Mexico Beach - Appalach

New posts

Kurt

Admin
Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas, Indian Pass, Appalach

I am going over soon (maybe next week) to shoot some photos and need a place to stay for a couple of nights. Willing to rent, or trade for photos/virtual tour/website.

I also go over there periodically so let me know if you want to trade in the future.

Post here or PM - thanks! :D
 
We stayed at the Gibson Inn in Appach a couple of years ago, I really liked it. Lots of antiques, and their restoration of the Inn was really impressive. Not too expensive either.
 
Kurt, I don't know where the heck you're gonna stay, but I can't wait to see the pics! :clap:
 
Kurt, I have a friend who has a house on the Bay side near the point of the Cape. He uses his house most weekends, and doesn't rent it out. I'll give him a call and see if you can stay there. You would love it.
 
Kurt, I have a friend who has a house on the Bay side near the point of the Cape. He uses his house most weekends, and doesn't rent it out. I'll give him a call and see if you can stay there. You would love it.

Thanks!!! Maybe I will have Scallops for dinner. mmmmmmmmm
 
Thanks!!! Maybe I will have Scallops for dinner. mmmmmmmmm
Walk 100 yards out his back door and you will find treasures of food at your feet. The Apalachicola River comes out directly north of his house. Watch out for the sharks over there. They are everywhere, seriously. My friend paddles out there and then jumps off his kayak to fish in waist-deep water. (crazy) He gets bumped by sharks all the time. Plenty of Stingrays over there, too. Last time I was over there, a Spinner Shark jumped completely out of the water a few times right in front of my kayak. That was a first to me. It was like a SeaWorld show, but in nature, with me and the birds being the only audience.
 
Last edited:
Walk 100 yards out his back door and you will find treasures of food at your feet. The Apalachicola River comes out directly north of his house. Watch out for the sharks over there. They are everywhere, seriously. My friend paddles out there and then jumps off his kayak to fish in waist-deep water. (crazy) He gets bumped by sharks all the time. Plenty of Stingrays over there, too. Last time I was over there, a Spinner Shark jumped completely out of the water a few times right in front of my kayak. That was a first to me. It was like a SeaWorld show, but in nature, with me and the birds being the only audience.

That sounds incredible!!:wub:
 
The Cape is a real treasure, particularly the State Park. We took our 21' Yamaha out on St. Joe Bay in April. Put in at the city boat ramp in St. Joe and crossed the bay to the State Park. The water is surprisingly shallow in many places, especially when the tide is out. My relatives in Port St. Joe advised of a step wall just off the tip of the peninsula - they referred to it as Shark Hole. We saw no sharks but lots of leaping silver fish. Very cool trip.

I would love to see some Kurt-quality photos of that area.
 
Kurt and Fellow SoWall fans,

You probably have already discussed this, but Avenue C Restaurant at the Gibson Inn is a must. David and Ryanne Carrier are cutting new trails for Apalach and their cuisine could stand up against any restaurant in the country. They're both serious chefs and superb people.

In fact, my wife and I are taking our son there for brunch this morning.
 
Kurt and Fellow SoWall fans,

You probably have already discussed this, but Avenue C Restaurant at the Gibson Inn is a must. David and Ryanne Carrier are cutting new trails for Apalach and their cuisine could stand up against any restaurant in the country. They're both serious chefs and superb people.

In fact, my wife and I are taking our son there for brunch this morning.

Thanks for the reminder! I can't wait to try it and may have to stay at the inn at the same time. :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top