• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need recommendations for reliable internet and cable

New posts

Peach In FL

Beach Comber
We will be sowal residents in the very near future and would like any recommendations for a very reliable internet service (we work from home so dependability and speed are important) as well as a good cable tv service. Thanks for any advice!
 
Local internet/cable is horrible - some companies are better, but not necessarily available based on where you live.
 
We will be sowal residents in the very near future and would like any recommendations for a very reliable internet service (we work from home so dependability and speed are important) as well as a good cable tv service. Thanks for any advice!


No such thing in this part of Florida. Embarq no longer exists. Century Link I think is the new name or something like that.
 
I'm very happy with Cox Premier Internet Svc. (it's their higher-speed pkg. - there are 4 to choose from). I use Dish Satellite for the TV just because of the price and am happy with that so far.
 
I'm very happy with Cox Premier Internet Svc. (it's their higher-speed pkg. - there are 4 to choose from). I use Dish Satellite for the TV just because of the price and am happy with that so far.


Yea Cox is pretty good. It only took them six months to provision a static ip to a business account for me. I guess I should have been happy it only took me three days to convince them it was their problem. No way 9 different routers could be bad, but it was fun working with them.
 
I hear ya! When I first moved here, I lost service about once or twice a week for a few weeks (maybe they were in the process of working on fixing your problem! ha-ha!). They assured me that they were working on it & that I wouldn't have any problems once they got it worked out, and I haven't had trouble since. Guess they worked all the kinks out and I can't complain now. In fact, am really happy w/ the svc now. There are only two to choose from here (Miramar Beach) - Cox & Embarq. Probably each have their own problems - it's just a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top