• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need Scooter Repair

New posts

ASH

Beach Fanatic
My Scooter sounds louder than I think it should and wonder who works on these in the SOWAL area. Santa Rosa Beach.
Thanks
 
My Scooter sounds louder than I think it should and wonder who works on these in the SOWAL area. Santa Rosa Beach.
Thanks
ASH, i'll be happy to take a look at it for you and see if i can figure it out. By sounding louder do you mean the exhaust sounds louder?
 
Last edited:
did you check the oil?
Distinctive Cycles, in Freeport on 331, will work on the scooter brands which they sell. Not sure which they are carrying now, but you can probably google them and call to ask.
 
ASH, i'll be happy to take a look at it for you and see if i can figure it out. By sounding louder do you mean the exhaust sounds louder?

Almost sounds like something is rubbing on something else. It is speed sensitive. I can ride for a few miles and the gear cover on the left side is hotter than I think it should be. It only has 150 miles on it and so could be something out of adjustment from when I bought it.
 
Almost sounds like something is rubbing on something else. It is speed sensitive. I can ride for a few miles and the gear cover on the left side is hotter than I think it should be. It only has 150 miles on it and so could be something out of adjustment from when I bought it.
do you know if the scooter is belt driven or chain driven? If it is chain, then there maybe too much slack on the chain and it may be hitting the cover. thats just a shot in the dark without looking at it. I'm free for the weekend and i get off work tomorrow at 5pm, if you want you can call me on my cell at 850-797-3817 so we can get something set up so i can look at it if you would like.
Jeff
 
do you know if the scooter is belt driven or chain driven? If it is chain, then there maybe too much slack on the chain and it may be hitting the cover. thats just a shot in the dark without looking at it. I'm free for the weekend and i get off work tomorrow at 5pm, if you want you can call me on my cell at 850-797-3817 so we can get something set up so i can look at it if you would like.
Jeff

I called your cell and left a message. It is belt driven near as I can tell. I left you a cell number. Let's plan to get together and see what we can figure out. Is this type of mechanicing work something that you do? This thing shipped to me from CA and I had to set up just a couple things to make it road ready.
 
Shadetree+Mechanic.bmp
 
I called your cell and left a message. It is belt driven near as I can tell. I left you a cell number. Let's plan to get together and see what we can figure out. Is this type of mechanicing work something that you do? This thing shipped to me from CA and I had to set up just a couple things to make it road ready.

I called you around 6 or 630 ASH and left a message, now we are playing phone tag. I have to drive to perry tomorrow to tow a jeep back to SoWal. i really want to look at it to save you some $ instead of taking it to a shop. i'm willing to work with your time frame. just let me know buddy.
Jeff
 
do you know if the scooter is belt driven or chain driven? If it is chain, then there maybe too much slack on the chain and it may be hitting the cover. thats just a shot in the dark without looking at it. I'm free for the weekend and i get off work tomorrow at 5pm, if you want you can call me on my cell at 850-797-3817 so we can get something set up so i can look at it if you would like.
Jeff
Hey Ash or anyone else looking for someone to repair your scooter. I called jeff and he came over and fixed my scooter, did a great job and worked hard. I would use him again in a heartbeat.
good Job Jeff and thanks again!
 
Jeff does grayt work!!

Jeff came over Tuesday evening and we tore down several areas on the scooter from electrical to the kick start to the clutch. Jeff made several adjustments and got lights working I didn't even know weren't. Adjusted the idle speed to take wear off the clutch. The battery is now properly charging as well as a little trick to keep the battery fresh when the scooter sits for extended periods.

Bottom line: Jeff was very comfortable working on this scooter and I'd bet he could fix any brand of scooter out there. He does mechanic work by trade and I highly recommend you give him a call when you need something done.

Thanks Jeff :bow::bow:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top