• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need SoWal restaurant recommendation

New posts
help w/restaurant price ranges and food types?

if we are wanting to try some of these for the first time, can someone give an idea of price range, type of food, and if reservations are required, recommended, or not? Also which ones only take cash and not credit cards?

any of these have specials like early dining, or other?

thanks much
 
Can't believe nobody mentioned Fish Out of Water at Watercolor. Only 4 Diamond Rest. along 30a with great food, service, excellant wine selection and is about the only rest. with a great view right on the beach. Only one with a better view IMO would be Santa Rosa Beach Club.


I've had inconsistent experiences there on those occasions when I was lucky enough to be treated to dinner there. Service always good; food might be fabulous, might be embarrassingly bad.
 
if we are wanting to try some of these for the first time, can someone give an idea of price range, type of food, and if reservations are required, recommended, or not? Also which ones only take cash and not credit cards?

any of these have specials like early dining, or other?

thanks much

I was surprised today to see a sign out in front of Cafe 30A 2 for 1 entrees from 5-6.
 
if we are wanting to try some of these for the first time, can someone give an idea of price range, type of food, and if reservations are required, recommended, or not? Also which ones only take cash and not credit cards?

any of these have specials like early dining, or other?

thanks much

Chops 30A in Seacrest has a great 5-6 reduced price dinner...something like 17.95 for
entree (small filet, chicken or fish and sides?). Takes reservations. Pretty pricey menu
otherwise. Sometimes hard to get off the beach and get ready by then. We like to eat out
almost every night and love to support the locally owned places. There are lots of great
places...sometimes we narrow it down to how far we want to drive and take it from there!
Where are you staying? Glad to see Cafe 30A offering a "stimulus package". Spent way too
much last time we went, love it there but were hoping they might offer some less expensive
choices on the menu. As homeowners (here part time)...we're very invested in wanting the
restaurants to succeed and do our best to make that happen!
 
thanks for helpful input ... and for confirming that my eyes did not deceive me today when I thought I saw a sign saying buy one entree get one free at Cafe Thirty-A ... I thought perhaps I imagined it ... =-)

We love to try new places and love the referrals here on this site for great restaurants around ... but it sure helps to have some idea of price range, cash only vs credit cards accepted, atmosphere, reservations required or suggested, etc. -
 
I love all the restaurants mentioned above and go to them myself. I would like to invite y'all to Bud and Alley's. Great view, amazing food (if I do say so myself), wonderful staff, and beautiful new chairs which really make the dinning room perfect. Of course, the Pizza Bar is the newest big hit on 30-A.
 
Love Stinkys as well as Cafe 30A and Fish out of Water. For a great pulled pork sandwich go to Cocoons for very good food to go.:blink:
 
Right now we're all about Pizza Bar, La Botana, Pizza Bar, La Botana, ... with a Red Bar thrown in for lunch and breakfast (even though they don't have Cheerios :biggrin:) and a Stinky's for lunch.

I haven't prepared a meal except for Cheerios and strawberries since I've been at the beach. I plan to continue that trend. I can (i.e., need to, due overabundance of chain restaurants) cook every meal at home unless I drive into the city, so I'm cool with not cooking for a week. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top