• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need Tips for Outdoor Grilling

New posts

Cil

Beach Fanatic
Okay, so I am going to have my husband stop at Fresh Market or Harris Teeter or some halfway decent place on his way home from Amelia Island next week.
I need him to buy something for our Roast Beast on Christmas Eve.
It will just have to be whatever he finds that would work on the grill: tenderloin, leg of lamb.
Does anyone have experience grilling a cut of meat like this outside? It would be on a gas grill. My mom and stepdad (who are no longer with us) used to do it all the time. I don't think I ever have.
Does it take longer? Shorter? Does anyone have suggestions/tips for me?
I am cooking for 5.
 
these are all good on the grill. Also prime rib ...it saves all the grease popping in your oven!
There are alot of wonderful recipes for grilled leg of lamb. I have a wonderful recipe for fire and spice beef tenderloin!
The key to grilling is low heat. A leg of lamb is good, I like mine med rare...so I would not grill it as long as some people.
I am not sure what the grilling times are for the various meats..but the internet is a good place to get recipes, procedures...etc.
Go to epicurious.com...bon appetite!!!!:drool: PS...corn souffle goes well with these meats! :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I knew one of you guys would mention a meat thermometer--which I don't have. I mean, I have one, but it's in storage. EVERYthing is in storage. Grrr.
Allifunn I am *definitely* going to make that corn souffle!
I like my lamb on the underdone side as well, with lots of fresh rosemary and garlic and herbes de provence. Well I might just have to tell the spouse to pick up a meat thermometer. We did okay without it for T'giving but roast turkey is not all that tricky.
Thanks guys, I'll look at the recipes and remember slow and cold. Probably the biggest deal is just prepping the meat and then making sure someone else helps me keep an eye on it as it cooks.
 
Beef tenderloin on the grill- mmmmmm. Rub with a little olive oil, dijon, black pepper, and garlic. Then watch it like a hawk.

I'm still dreaming of the brined turkey from T-giving, so I think I am doing one of those too.
 
Yeah I thought about just doing another brined turkey. It came out so yummy.
But I guess my inner carnivore is feeling particularly bloodthirsty.
 
Leg of Lamb
1/4 C olive oil
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 TBSP each dried rosemary, thyme and oregano
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1 TBSP fresh orange juice
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cardomin
mix these ingredients and smear all over a leg of lamb. Refrigerate over night. Before cooking bring to room temp. Grill until desired temp is reached. (about 145 for rare) Let rest 15 minutes before slicing leg will continue to cook during this time.

serve with the following salsa
1 lb plumb tomatoes...chopped
1/2 C sundried tomatoes...rehydrated
1/2 C chopped kalamata olives
1 TBSP capers
1/2 tsp anchovey paste
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/2 C chopped cilantro
2 TBSP minced garlic
1-2 jalapenos, seeded & minced
3 TBSP olive oil
Mix all these ingredients and let sit for and hour.

YUMMY!!!!
 
Looks like an awesome recipe, Allifunn!
I'll have to see what the husband comes up with, but we all like lamb.
 
I know you are using gas, but we do a Turkey and a Ham every Thanksgiving for 14+ people on two Weber Charcoal grills and they turn out perfect every time, with very few left overs. Its something we learned how to do talking to one of our neighbors in SOWAL. This Christmas we are going to do a small turkey for two, and hope to have left overs for sandwiches.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out and if you have any left overs.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top