• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Needed: Automatic Garage Door Repair.

New posts

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
My garage door is "acting up"....needs an adjustment of some sort. Anyone recommend, or know of someone, who is able to fix automatic garage doors? Thanks! :wave:
 
Just in case the door is just doing a "sticky" thing...

Climb up and pop the cover off the automatic garage door opener... there is a screw /knob thingy in there that adjusts tension and balance that occasionally needs a little twist this-way-or-that to correct the problem.

I found this out from a garage door repairman who said this is quite typical due to 'settling' (or in our case, bombs that shake houses). He fixed the problem in about 30 seconds flat (and charged me $80).

I'd spent weeks fiddling around with the chains, tracks, and spring and it turned out to be a super-easy DIY had I but known.
If that doesn't solve the problem, post back and I'll go dig up the guys phone #.
 
Last edited:
Speaking of our friends in blue, they occasionally generate radio frequencies that interfere with a garage door remote. The door manufacturers 'borrowed' frequencies for their remotes that are technically assigned to the AF, and every once in a while they'll do some tests on those frequencies that cause issues with civilian-owned garage door openers.
 
Just in case the door is just doing a "sticky" thing...

Climb up and pop the cover off the automatic garage door opener... there is a screw /knob thingy in there that adjusts tension and balance that occasionally needs a little twist this-way-or-that to correct the problem.

I found this out from a garage door repairman who said this is quite typical due to 'settling' (or in our case, bombs that shake houses). He fixed the problem in about 30 seconds flat (and charged me $80).

I'd spent weeks fiddling around with the chains, tracks, and spring and it turned out to be a super-easy DIY had I but known.
If that doesn't solve the problem, post back and I'll go dig up the guys phone #.

I just did what you said..and, I FIXED IT MYSELF THANKS DUNE AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top