• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New 331 Diner?

New posts
Just curious if anyone has stopped by the new diner on 331 near South Walton High School??

Had a great burger and some awesome (huge and delicious) wings today. They have a very limited menu with sandwiches and pizza. I don't think they have a fryer though; so no fries. They serve breakfast, but can't remember if it was only biscuits or if it is a full breakfast. They do homestyle dinners, but they aren't menu items, I think they are more like daily specials. They also have Krispie Kreme donuts.

Today the owner was there with his wife, daughter, grandchildren and great grandbaby who was rocking behind the counter. In some way it reminded me of Freeport Cafe. It's sort of a strange atmosphere and weird building but I'm not even going to try to describe it. I enjoyed what I had and the people were really nice. I hope you stop in and try it for yourself!
 
Had a great burger and some awesome (huge and delicious) wings today. They have a very limited menu with sandwiches and pizza. I don't think they have a fryer though; so no fries. They serve breakfast, but can't remember if it was only biscuits or if it is a full breakfast. They do homestyle dinners, but they aren't menu items, I think they are more like daily specials. They also have Krispie Kreme donuts.

Today the owner was there with his wife, daughter, grandchildren and great grandbaby who was rocking behind the counter. In some way it reminded me of Freeport Cafe. It's sort of a strange atmosphere and weird building but I'm not even going to try to describe it. I enjoyed what I had and the people were really nice. I hope you stop in and try it for yourself!


Is this the one I spotted yesterday and it is next to Joe Elmore's place??
 
Did not know it was there...have not been that way in awhile...does this mean we do not have to have drive-thrus now....I hope. I hope.

I was just thinking today that a diner with yummy country style food and good burgers would be a wonderful addition to the area.

Can someone tell us more.
 
There used to be an art gallery in that building(s). I saw the diner the other day, but was on a mission and so didn't stop.
 
I'm confused, where is this place?? Country cooking...... yum.

Turn North onto 331 from hwy 98 and its just past the highschool, on the left. It's right beside (and I think part of) Joe Elmore's place with the huge wood carvings.

They had a flyer printed up for a special today that they were going to distribute at a nearby church. Of course I can't remember what it was, but they were offering a full country meal with cornbread and tea for a reasonable price.
 
I drive past there everyday and haven't noticed.

I think the sign just went up on Thursday or Friday. I was under the impression that they've had a tough time with code enforcement on it and wouldn't be surprised if it changes or they have to take it down.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top