• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New Development in Mossy Head -- Blackstone

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Bonezzi Develpment Company and Blackstone Dev. Co. are planning a new development in MossyHead, just west of Defuniak Springs. I understand it was approved by the WalCo Planning Comm last night. The project is in its conceptual phase, but plans to include 2050 single family homes, 750 townhouses, 100 condos and 400 apartments, in addition to an 18 hole golf course, club house, 145,000 sf of commercial retail and service, 37,500sf of office and 12 acre RV park.


Sounds like someone is planning on many retirees moving to Mossy Head. :blink:
 
Either that, or they're hoping to pick up BRAC folks. The commute to Eglin probably wouldn't be much longer (and in some cases probably would be shorter) than it would be from the north side of Crestview.
 
I just want to know which consulting firm is doing the Market Research for these developers...perhaps they will give me a job!;-)
 
I understand that they are marketing to the "retired Sergeants," so this should be medium-low priced course and housing.
 
Last I heard, Crestview had out grown Ft. Walton is size. Okaloosa County, by all appearences is growing by leaps and bounds! Too bad we can't seem to get a grip to get even a little of the overflow outside of Mossy head! What's the name of that electronics plant over there?
 
There is actually a need for well-planned newer development in the DeFuniak/Mossey Head area. It is very attractive to retirees and there are currently very few desirable neighborhoods to choose from. There will definitely be an influx of retirees to that area. I sold my historic home to a couple from Pennsylvania earlier this year. I know we've all heard it before, but the baby boomers really are coming!
 
There is actually a need for well-planned newer development in the DeFuniak/Mossey Head area. It is very attractive to retirees and there are currently very few desirable neighborhoods to choose from. There will definitely be an influx of retirees to that area. I sold my historic home to a couple from Pennsylvania earlier this year. I know we've all heard it before, but the baby boomers really are coming!

77 million of them!! Will be interesting to see what some do with their hard earned money and how much the RE market and stock market will have affected others.

People are still moving to Florida and growth is inevitable - the intersting part to watch is what happens to existing inventory.....
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top