• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

"New" development on 395?

New posts

ricklys

Beach Lover
Does anyone know what is going in at the defunct Oaks at Eden on 395 near Eden Drive? Hope it's not another D.R. Horton! :roll:
 
Not sure about Oaks at Eden, but DR Horton does have the Prominence site next to Watersound Beach under contract. Sure hate to see low end merchant builders on 30-A.
 
Not sure who the builder is - 25 units reduced to 19 for the site.

I heard it was DR Horton.........they're taking over all the S/D with infrastructure in place.
Everywhere you look it's a DR Horton Community!

Santa Rosa Beach is turning into Crestview............not good IMO :angry:
 
I heard it was DR Horton.........they're taking over all the S/D with infrastructure in place.
Everywhere you look it's a DR Horton Community!

Santa Rosa Beach is turning into Crestview............not good IMO :angry:

Oh, are we getting a Hooters!?!?!

Don't be mad at Horton, be mad at the investulators that inflated the bubble and ran everything into the ground. Horton is simply playing the role of buzzard on our real estate roadkill.
 
I wouldn't call Horton low end. They obviously aren't high end, but the ones I've toured are good builder quality houses.

Plus I like the idea of residents being able to afford non-trailer housing south of the bay.
 
I wouldn't call Horton low end. They obviously aren't high end, but the ones I've toured are good builder quality houses.

Plus I like the idea of residents being able to afford non-trailer housing south of the bay.
That's why we have been checking them out. It may be the only way we can stay in the area once we sell our "high end" house!
 
There are differing ideas of value, but the Horton houses have functional floor plans and good basic finishes. On recent parade of homes they often showed better than the higher end places that were badly decorated.
Someone with an experienced eye can see the price point reflected in the details and materials, and they do keep building the same house plans over and over, but overall they do build a decent house.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top