• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New listing in Lakeplace

New posts
Don't know if they're sowallers, but, I told them about the lot at Amore restaurant. So, we can give Sowal credit! :clap_1:

The buyers are real excited about building in the neighborhood and living in Lakeplace. Plus, they're just really good folks, and I'm looking forward to having them as neighbors. :D
 
Hi Garner,

I own a lot in Lakeplace and am itching to build. Would love to live there (some travelling back and forth to ATL). What are building prices and times looking like. What about insurance. I'm reading so much about insurance companies pulling out, property taxes being outrageous. HELP ME!!!!! :idontno:
 
Hi Scooter,
Lakeplace is a great place to live, and I certainly can understand the desire to build in here.

I don't have a real good handle on construction costs these days, but I do know that the builders are more interested in working than they were in previous years. We've gotten approval for a garage / carriage house but haven't gotten the nerve up to get construction bids. The purchaser of the lot plans to build a home and I imagine I'll get another idea of consruction costs. Of course, once you start with the "granite and stainless" ( ;-) ) the prices can skyrocket.

As to insurance, ours came up this past spring; both wind and hazard premiums were substantially higher; flood was the same. Insurance seems to be much easier to get and keep if you live in the home.

If I can help you in any way, obtaining more specific information, etc., Please let me know.

Thank you,
 
Nice job. Garner how does that price compare with solds last summer and the 2 previous if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
 
Thanks Pirate,
The next most recent sale in Lakeplace was of the same lot. It sold for $338,000 in April, 2004. There are only 50 lots in the entire development.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top