• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New...looking for bank

New posts

grouperslayer

Beach Comber
Any suggestions for the best bank. I use Bank of America and love them but only one branch in Destin. I want more accesibility. I love their bill pay as well. Any suggestions????

Thanks

Danny
 
I noticed there is a second location in Regatta Bay.

It seems like Regions is a good bank... I don't have any complaints.
 
Have been using Trustmark and Regions bank ( ex- AmSouth ) for years. Both have multiple branchs and services you would need.
 
Stay away from Regions...... they are getting a very bad reputation throughout the southest. I don't bank there anymore and can't vouch for the local branches in SoWal. The corporate policies are why they are getting a bad rep.
See; www.badregions.com; many past employees have posted their stories. Have a look and make your own determination.
 
Stay away from Regions...... they are getting a very bad reputation throughout the southest. I don't bank there anymore and can't vouch for the local branches in SoWal. The corporate policies are why they are getting a bad rep.
See; www.badregions.com; many past employees have posted their stories. Have a look and make your own determination.

I used to use a smaller local bank, still do, for smaller accounts. A few years back a family member was very happy with account structures, int. earnings, etc...and encouraged me to go to Regions and speak to the manager. Which I did. Regions used to be Amsouth and I didn't like the big corp. mentality and I wanted home town kind of service. I was skeptical...but opened an account and have been very happy. I get personal service, corporate type services, LOC's for business as well as personal, mortgage. I'm glad I gave them a try and now Regions is my primary bank. Service is great and friendly.

I read some of the link above, not much, but what I did read seems like a bunch of disgruntled people who have to blame someone for their money problems. It didn't prove anything to me.
 
All of my accounts are small, and I primarily use BankTrust and Eglin Federal Credit Union. We also have an account with FNBT to keep my insurance drafts and Paypal transactions out of my main checking account and to give me and Denise, the branch manager, an excuse to chat about our beloved Seminoles. :D Technically we also have an account with Tyndall FCU, but that's only because they draft my vehicle payment biweekly.

I'm not real fond of Regions - just has a "corporate" feel to it. Of course, if it is corporate services you need, they might be fine.
 
I loved Regions until the merger, now...not so much. I will say that the staff at the Watercolor branch is really great though....it's not their fault.
 
all my accounts are small too:floor:,I like Trustmart because it hasn't been bought out in 40 plus years.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top