• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New Restaurant

New posts

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
A good friend of mine from NOLA is opening a new restaurant in two weeks in Gulf Breeze. It's called Jambalaya's and will be in the Quality Inn hotel on the marina. His chef worked under Paul Prudomme for many years. Go check it out and let me know what ya think.
 
Wow, that's great news! I live in Gulf Breeze just a couple blocks from Jambalaya and I am a Louisiana native. In fact, my parents graduated from high school with Paul Prudhomme, then known as Gene Purdhomme. Opelousas High School, as cajun as you can get. His high school picture caption was "I live to eat and I eat to live."
I will definitely check that place out. I was afraid it was just another pseudo want to be cajun place.
Thanks!
p.s. South Walton is heaven, we stay there often, next visit: Thanksgiving week with a whole bunch cajuns coming in.
 
This is good to know for SoWalians taking a daytrip to Pensacola and needing a good stop on the way. Thanks. My trips to Pensacola usually take about two hours one way. Gulf Breeze is about an hour and a half from SoWal.
 
Last edited:
Gulf Breeze is about an hour and a half from SoWal.

.....except when the schools are opening or closing; during the military base rush hours; or if there is an accident on 98. Then you need to pack a snack and some water and make sure you P before you go.

.
 
Jambalayas is definitely worth it. Great food, great atmosphere, awesome view...
want real New Orleans food? this is the place to go
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top