Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.
The BCC did vote to lower speed limits the length of 30A by 5 miles per hour, this still leaves portions at 40 mph that (supposedly) prevent golf carts from having total reign.
The BCC did vote to lower speed limits the length of 30A by 5 miles per hour, this still leaves portions at 40 mph that (supposedly) prevent golf carts from having total reign.
Here is what was approved in August for retrofit of speed limit signs on CR30-A and a link to a map. The golf carts aren't legally supposed to be on sections with posted speed limits of more than 35 MPH.
C.R. 30A Speed Limit Signage Retrofit
Mr. Douglass stated that the signs along C.R. 30A are in need of repair. He reported that the Genesis Group performed a study which highlighted speed limits along C.R. 30A and would like to move forward with implementing the replacement of the speed limit signage based on the study.
Commissioner Comander questioned if the speed limit would be changed. Mr. Douglass replied that the most significant change would be that some areas currently 45 mph will be changed to 40 mph . He said that the biggest benefit of the study is the speed limit transitions approaching intersections and residential areas.
The Board concurred to allow Public Works to move forward with the replacement of the speed limit signs along C.R. 30A
I know I shouldn't complain because I didn't attend any Planning Commission or BCC meetings. But the speed limits don't make sense to me. The safe speeds depend on whether it's off-season or not. I'll speak for the stretch of 30A that I frequent. I don't mind 25 mph from the Western Lake bridge to Whiskey Bravo. But in the off-season 25 is ridiculously slow from Whiskey Bravo east to the Eastern Lake Road cutoff -- 35 works. That being said, I don't feel safe driving 35 in Seagrove during spring break and the summer -- too many pedestrians, etc., to watch out for. There must be a way to have speed limit signs that depend on whether it's the off-season or not.