• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New Upcoming Communities

New posts
Not sure we want to be in the throngs of tourists 6 months out of the year.

After 3+ years here, I've learned a lot about how to deal with the peak times. Basically, you have to know when to go to Publix, Seaside, and Angelina's and when to stay away. Most of the visitors are down on the beach - I can't speak for other full-time locals, but I never just set up a chair and tan and swim. I walk the beach early, long before the vacationers are out of bed. Also, there are places to go and things to do that the locals know and the vacationers don't.

In some ways, I like it when the vacationers arrive. It brings a happy vibe and a buzz of activity to what, for you, is your daily routine. And it's really not 6 months, more like a brief buzz at spring break, then late May through mid August, then brief buzzes for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

But I know what you mean. It's a lot more laid back in the Apalach-Port St. Joe-Panacea area, without having to go inland and lose the connection to the gulf.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top