• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New writer's group forming

New posts

sunny456

Beach Lover
Hey,

A new writer's group is meeting in Seaside Feb. 13 at 5:30 p.m.

We were supposed to meet at Central Records, but the shop is closing early (6 p.m.) so we'll meet at Sundog and then head next door to Great Southern Cafe.

All are welcome!

The only thing required is an open mind and a supportive ear.

We'll meet the second Tuesday of each month upstairs at Central Records.

Hope to see you there!
 
What happened to the existing writer's group? I was a member a long time ago, but because I used to have to work Saturdays, could never go.
 
I don't know!

There may be another group in existence that I haven't heard of. There is the Paradise Writers, who meet on Saturdays at the library. They are a terrific group - I used to be a member - but meet on Saturday.

I had the same problem.

I hope to see you there! It should be fun, and I hope we can inspire each other to write more.

And don't feel weird about attending if you haven't written anything - or are not comfortable sharing your writing.
I think I attended four or five Paradise Writer's meetings before getting up the nerve to share my writing.

See ya tomorrow!
 
I will be in town Saturday the 13th, but I will be watching FOOTBALL and celebrating my birthday at Shades on the Loop about that time. Actually we are all getting there right before 7pm, so everyone stop on by.

Kenny
 
I will be in town Saturday the 13th, but I will be watching FOOTBALL and celebrating my birthday at Shades on the Loop about that time. Actually we are all getting there right before 7pm, so everyone stop on by.

Kenny

Class dismissed...head over to Shades and celebrate the birth of a novel guy!!! ;-)
 
SueShore- it cracks me up everytime I see that kitty! Thanks for making my day! And for keeping me laughing during my 'crisis'.:biggrin:

Kenny
 
Hey Kenny,

Blame the new baby but I put the wrong date on that notice about the writer's group!

ARGH.

I was looking at February and not January when I typed that.

So ... I showed up Jan. 9 - (the second Tuesday) and only one person was there! Granted, he was great and we had a nice chat about writing - but now I see why you were a no-show.

Good grief.

SO - our NEXT MEETING will be Feb. 13 at Great Southern. I'm springing for some apps so come a little hungry.

See ya then - and if I remember (again, the brain ...) I'll crash yo' party.
 
Well thank you Miss Kitty! I'm honored.;-)

And with every day I'm more graytful I was led to this site. Granted I didn't expect the public flogging, but hey, it was fun!:banging: :whack: :boxing:

Nite y'all!

K
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top