• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Newby

New posts
Another question for you folks.

My wife is worried about our one year old son and alligators. Last time I was down, I saw a ton of snakes, but no gators. Is there a significant gator population in South Walton?
 
There are quite a few Florida fans here. But you'll suffer much worse from the elephants, tigers, tigers, semimoles, dawgs, etc. :biggrin:


gator.jpg



Just keep the little one away from the bayous.
 
Gators generally don't interact with people much in these parts, though I wouldn't go swimming in the lakes at Topsail Hill SP. (I've heard a lot of gator noise while hiking there) The only places you're likely to actually see one in these parts are Fudpucker's restaurant in Destin or the big Alvin's Island in Panama City Beach. Both have zoo-like gator encolsure areas.
 
Well we'll be staying in Dune Allen on Stallworth Lake so I hope we'll be okay. If they are in the lake, I hope they have a plentiful food supply other than my leg. :eek:
 
Landlocked said:
Well we'll be staying in Dune Allen on Stallworth Lake so I hope we'll be okay. If they are in the lake, I hope they have a plentiful food supply other than my leg. :eek:

Unfortunately, gators are nearly extinct in SoWal. :(
 
Don't get me wrong, I like gators and conservation, but I'd prefer not to be eaten alive on my vacation. :laughing1
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top