• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

No gloves

New posts
@furymom...do you and your family take antibiotics for a common cold? the Flu? All those virus that antibiotics have no affect on but DO contribute to drug-resistant bugs? The human immune system needs to be exposed to different things in order to become immune. When I was born the way to go was boil everything, when my children were born they told me to just wash stuff with the rest of the families things. I and my family are very healthy and there isnt one container of "antibacterial" anything in our house. (since ALL soap is ANTIBACTERIAL).
 
@furymom...do you and your family take antibiotics for a common cold? the Flu? All those virus that antibiotics have no affect on but DO contribute to drug-resistant bugs? The human immune system needs to be exposed to different things in order to become immune. When I was born the way to go was boil everything, when my children were born they told me to just wash stuff with the rest of the families things. I and my family are very healthy and there isnt one container of "antibacterial" anything in our house. (since ALL soap is ANTIBACTERIAL).
Not all soap has antibacterial agents. But I agree that what I have read recently advises that to reduce the chance of even more antibiotic-resistant bacteria evolving, if you can use non-antibacterial soap and water, do so. If you are in a place where you can't use soap and water, hand sanitizers are okay.

That being said, I wouldn't want someone who had just picked a bugger and gotten human nasal matter under his/her fingernails to be making my sandwich or putting in an IV line. Handwashing won't get rid of that -- they'd at least need a fingernail kit. I want them to use gloves.
 
I think almost everybody's mother prepared, in the neighborhood of 20,000 meals, without using gloves, for each and every one of is, before we were 18 years old. I think every one of us prepares meals on a daily basis without gloves. Doesn't it seem odd that there is no devastating plague because of this? Methinks the answer is there is a minuscule chance of transmitting disease this way. In my lifetime, I'll bet that 98% of the meals I have eaten have been prepared by people not wearing gloves. However, I am worried about airplanes.
 
A certain level of germs is okay. You don't need to sanitize the world.

Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom, choose dining companions that do the same, and eat with utensils and you will be fine.

Your cell phone and purse are probably dirtier than anything in a typical restaurant. Cell phones and purses are always being carried into bathrooms and set down on dirty surfaces.
 
I think the toilet flush handle must be the most germ-ridden thing in the world. No one washes their hands before using it, and just think about where their hands have just been.
 
Why worry about gloves unless you're on the operating table, and even then you would be under and wouldn't care. Life's way too short. I think clean hands are important but I don't expect food prep folks to wear gloves to work their magic.

I understand some folks are very concerned about germs but I can't live like that. We used to play in the dirt all day every day. My mom never used gloves in the kitchen that I can recall. We somehow survived.

Gloves have their place in a restaurant, I'm sure, for certain food prep, but I'm not sitting there watching for them.

I do not like hand santizer but will use it if in a hospital or have no way to wash my hands properly.

We all have our little things that are important to us. For my kid, I try to teach him to wash his hands and take care of his body and keep his things neat and organized, and to be aware of safety in all situations. I don't want to make him OCD about these things though. and I've seen taught OCD behavior in kids regarding germs and I think that's kind of sad.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top