• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

No Lake Place YET?

New posts
I'm weeping. :welcome: Lake Place!

:wave: I actually thought of you and wish you had been with us to take pics and add your wonderful commentary! Get back here and go to The Lake Place, pronto!
 
Miss Kitty - is Lake Place more "fine dining"? I know the original was.

Yes, I would definitely say casual fine dining. White tablecloths and all! I am still dreaming about that meal. When do you get back in town? This dining report will be one of your best moments. ;-)
 
Stinky's Fish Camp is in the new building and the Lake Place is in the old building where Stinky's used to be. So, both restaurants are open now.
The Lake Place is accepting reservations nightly at 5pm. 622-9766
Stinky's is open for lunch everyday from 11-2:30 and open for dinner nightly at 5pm.

Cool! Does The Lake Place have full bar, and can we see the menu?
 
Cool! Does The Lake Place have full bar, and can we see the menu?

I walked in last Friday, and walked out when I learned that the place had no liquor licence. I enjoy a martini with my haute cuisine. I predict that this place will fail. You need a full bar to succeed with a place like this, IMO.
 
I walked in last Friday, and walked out when I learned that the place had no liquor licence. I enjoy a martini with my haute cuisine. I predict that this place will fail. You need a full bar to succeed with a place like this, IMO.


That's haute! :blink:
 
I don't understand why Stinky's would have full bar, but not The Lake Place. Makes zero sense, but it's the case.
 
I don't understand why Stinky's would have full bar, but not The Lake Place. Makes zero sense, but it's the case.

Waiting for the license perhaps? IIRC Stinky's started off as just beer and wine. Give it a little time and you can have spirits with your Haute cuisine.
 
Last edited:
You anxiously waited for the place to open, then walked out w/o even trying it because you couldn't get a strong drink that would numb your tastebuds w/ your meal? :idontno:

Based on the many rave reviews, lack of a full bar isn't going to make the place fail. Many people can enjoy a meal w/ a non-alcoholic beverage, beer, or wine. Frankly, I can't remember the last time I had a cocktail w/ my meal - it's more a pre-dinner or non-food thing in my circle.
 
I love Stinky's. Will try The Lake Place....saw the $5.00 to park sign....thought that was rather tacky....is that for either place?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top