• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Non-confrontational topic

New posts
agreed.

country music makes me sick. and so does mariah.

What about Dwight Yoakum? Neko Case? Old 97's?

I do not like country like Dixie Chicks or Hank Williams, George Jones, etc., but some alternative country is pretty good in small doses.
 
I waver on liking country - some years I do, some years I don't. But increasingly, if I want to listen to the radio in the car (local stations, not satellite), country is what I have to turn to. Basically anything else (except 70s/80s music) makes me too nervous to drive.
 
What about Dwight Yoakum? Neko Case? Old 97's?

I do not like country like Dixie Chicks or Hank Williams, George Jones, etc., but some alternative country is pretty good in small doses.


no, no and no! I know more and more folks are into country these days, but I just can't do it. unless its sheryl crowe or my man kid rock doing a country version of something.
 
no, no and no! I know more and more folks are into country these days, but I just can't do it. unless its sheryl crowe or my man kid rock doing a country version of something.

Sheryl Crowe... :wub:

"I'm gonna soak up the sun...gonna tell everyone...to lighten up"...

..and shhh, she has SoWal ties!
 
Kitty and DD, you can have him! No fight'n over this one. ;-)



Sam and I love Barlow Girl. MercyMe, Jeremy Camp and The Afters are some of our favs too.

We'll take him!!:wub:

no, no and no! I know more and more folks are into country these days, but I just can't do it. unless its sheryl crowe or my man kid rock doing a country version of something.

what's that song by kid rock and sheryl crowe? something about a picture..:idontno: I kinda like that song...
 
i hate when people are singing the national anthem at ball games and stuff and they all try their mariah careyish caterwauling and end up ruining the song. it was meant to be a simple song people, sing it that way !
 
i hate when people are singing the national anthem at ball games and stuff and they all try their mariah careyish caterwauling and end up ruining the song. it was meant to be a simple song people, sing it that way !


OMG! That's EXACTLY what mr. dd said just the other day when the football game was coming on....(just prior to my exit).
 
i hate when people are singing the national anthem at ball games and stuff and they all try their mariah careyish caterwauling and end up ruining the song. it was meant to be a simple song people, sing it that way !

You tell them you little blossom you. :biggrin: Now what is caterwauling? :idontno: :lol:
 
Since I'm in sort of a musical mood today, it started me thinking that many times on this board, we have talked about favorite songs, music, etc. But, then I started to think, as I listened to the radio, of songs that just plain make me wanna :puke: and I have to say without reservation, that my # 1 is "Bad to the Bone", followed closely by "Spirit in the Sky". Of course, these are just my opinion, I'm sure they're loved by many. So, I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say...:idontno:

Anything by Fergie makes me want to just :puke:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top