• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Old Restaurant Question

New posts

stan

Beach Comber
On summer vacations as kids, our parents used to go to a place and pick up fried chicken. I remember we called it cajun fried chicken, and it was excellent. I'm not sure if it was a cajun restaurant or something else. All we ever did was pick up to go, we never ate there.

The place was located east of the 393 / 98 intersection. It was off 98 on the north side. In looking at google maps, it looks like, if my memory is right, it could have been down Veterans Road, perhaps on the right side.

Does anyone have any memories of this place, and whatever happened to it? Is anyone still serving the chicken?

Thanks
 
On summer vacations as kids, our parents used to go to a place and pick up fried chicken. I remember we called it cajun fried chicken, and it was excellent. I'm not sure if it was a cajun restaurant or something else. All we ever did was pick up to go, we never ate there.

The place was located east of the 393 / 98 intersection. It was off 98 on the north side. In looking at google maps, it looks like, if my memory is right, it could have been down Veterans Road, perhaps on the right side.

Does anyone have any memories of this place, and whatever happened to it? Is anyone still serving the chicken?

Thanks


Sounds like your are describing Frank LeBleau's old place. At least I think that is the name. ShallowsNole or ShallowsFuzz can confirm. I know I ate breakfast their with Fuzz many a 6am.
 
Sure sounds like LeBleau's. I went to high School with his son. Does anyone remember those dirty hats that use to hang above your head! I believe Frank recently passed away.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top