• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Old timers search

New posts
For information about Boma Love I would contact Ruby Jewel or Richard Davis since she was their grandmother, I Think. May be she was an aunt.

I did not know that - I was always under the impression she was kin to the Morgan or Barrett families. Times like this, I really miss my mom and dad and my aunts. So much I want to ask, but the stories are gone forever. :cry:
 
I did not know that - I was always under the impression she was kin to the Morgan or Barrett families. Times like this, I really miss my mom and dad and my aunts. So much I want to ask, but the stories are gone forever. :cry:

I apologize b/c I got it wrong. Just talked to Richard Davis and he advised that his Aunt Bama was not the lady know in Pt Washington as Bama Love. I would still recommend Richard to Mrs. Morrell for information that the GBNA might need regarding the homes in Grayton. He worked with Van Butler for years and knows a lot of the history there.
 
I happened to find your search on SoWal by accident years later (!) when searching for something myself today. The book "The Way We Were" discusses Mrs. McCook and her association with the hotel. I discuss the hotel in my books "Simply Seagrove" and "Pathway to Paradise on Florida's Emerald Coast" but do not mention Mrs. Cook. In "Simply Seagrove" I mention Mazie Ward Rossell in connection with the Seagrove Hotel - not sure whether there might be a connection because of the name Ward. I may be able to suggest further references if you're still interested in this.
https://emeraldwaterspress.com/pathway-to-paradise
emeraldwaterspress@gmail.com
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top