• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Other Ongoing Construction, etc

New posts

Andrew543

Beach Comber
Are there any threads where people discuss current and/or planned construction projects -specifically the bigger things. I'm interested in both the "noise disturbance" and the "the times they are a-changin" aspects.

I'm trying to remember one or two I'd seen.....Seagrove by the Tom Thumb access and Beachwood Villas?
 
Does anyone have any current info or updates on ongoing or planned construction projects, especially the bigger things? I'm interested in both the "noise disturbance" and the "the times they are a-changin" aspects.

I'm trying to remember one or two I thought I'd seen.....Seagrove by the Tom Thumb or Beachwood Villas? Or maybe one a bit east of there....?
 
A recent post on here about a 500 home subdivision north of 98 on Hwy 83. They are wanting to go to 1,000 homes.
 
Ah thank you, I thought so. Any comment on the new construction beachfront by the access I mentioned above? I think it used to be more open there right there, but as of summer I thought a building was well underway, and possibly almost finished? Is that the 31 on 30A I was reading about?
 
Thanks for posting that Jim -I forgot to thank you!

Freebeachfan -If you're asking me, I'd say my main thought when posting was just to gather some more info/opinion on it. I try not to say too much if I don't think I have much worth saying on a given issue, so I was just soliciting, not trying to push anything.... ; ). I will say that whether in Seagrove/SoWal or really anywhere I've travelled/lived, I do always find that contrast between accommodating more people/infrastructure and preserving the quality and "soul" of a place to be pretty interesting and difficult to reconcile. There are empty cities/towns desperate for more residents but often when they get them they regret (or at least bemoan) some of the trade-offs associated. With areas that draw people based more on beauty/nature/beaches than industry it's a different mix I'd say, but still hard for me to say there's any easy approach, esp. one which would fit each location.

I think at first I was just trying to remember how much room there even was at that intersection, and also considering the traffic side in my mind (on the road and the beach). I'd say from this thread and the one Jim shared, there seem to be others who have had similar thoughts.
 
A lot of commercial happening on 98. Watch 331 go nuts from the bay to Defuniak Springs.

Also a lot of subdivisions going in on smaller roads like Chat Holley, Thompson, 393.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top