• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Oops He Did It Again - I Hear

New posts

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Has anyone else heard anything about the Sheriff having to return over $692,000 in funds to the BCC today. He previously returned $5000 as his unused surplus. I hear he retained those funds from his 2007 budget and signed contracts for two capital projects without those being approved expenditures. I also hear that he claimed to not be knowledgeable about the state bid requirements.

Is that legal ?

Anyone hear anything about this.
 
Last edited:
Has anyone else heard anything about the Sheriff having to return over $692,000 in funds to the BCC today. He previously returned $5000 as his unused surplus. I hear he retained those funds from his 2007 budget and signed contracts for two capital projects without those being approved expenditures. I also hear that he claimed to not be knowledgeable about the state bid requirements.

Is that legal ?

Anyone hear anything about this.

Unapproved expenditures??? Like a driving track.... A bid??? Like on a driving track.... De ja vu anyone?:welcome:
 
... I also hear that he claimed to not be knowledgeable about the state bid requirements.

Is that legal ?

Anyone hear anything about this.

I don't think that complete incompetence is criminal (although there are occaisions where it sure should be...) If this information is correct, all it does is solidify the many reasons I have previously stated, as to why new leadership is needed in 2008. The candidate needs to have a law enforcement and business background.

Last time I checked, ignorance of the law does not work in court room defense. When will there be any accountability for this sheriff and the department?
 
The candidate needs to have a law enforcement and business background.

I would certainly like to see further discussion on qualifications for this position. There are a wide variety of candidates already making themselves known, and street talk is that we have not seen them all yet. At some point in time, the public is going to need to decide on the qualifications they feel will do the best job, and then they are going to have to see who meets those standards.

Or I guess we can do like last time and everyone just vote for their friend.
 
Is there any sort of oversight for the Sheriff's department? :idontno:

They seem to play pretty free & loose with tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars and their employment policies/regulations.
 
The Sheriff is the most powerful position in county government, except for the judge(s). :creepy:

That's not just here; that's everywhere. At least in Florida.
 
How can the Sheriff afford to have his own Air Force (multiple choppers and fixed wing ) when we don't even have paved roads down here in SoWal?
 
Has anyone else heard anything about the Sheriff having to return over $692,000 in funds to the BCC today. He previously returned $5000 as his unused surplus. I hear he retained those funds from his 2007 budget and signed contracts for two capital projects without those being approved expenditures. I also hear that he claimed to not be knowledgeable about the state bid requirements.

Is that legal ?

Anyone hear anything about this.

The tax payers, citizens and voters of Walton County have not seen nor heard that last of this little issue. Just wait... and Watch.;-)
 
The tax payers, citizens and voters of Walton County have not seen nor heard that last of this little issue. Just wait... and Watch.;-)
Isn't there some sort of hearing coming up for the commissioners to decide about this? If they rule against johnson, can criminal charges be sworn out?:bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top