• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Ownership - beachfront property determination

New posts

baseballnut

Beach Crab
Is it true,as some beachfront owners claim, that they own the beach to the mean waterline, a determination made based on a 19 year survey? If this is so, which I don't believe, it certainly compounds the problem of beach restoration and sea walls. Any legal comment?
 
Re: Ownership

Some own to the Mean High Water Line, which changes. At issue has been construction on public property and seaward of the Coastal Construction Control Line. You are correct in that property rights are at the heart of construction and restoration.
 
Without beach nurishment, the mean high water line is going to be redrawn to the middle of some beach front owners bed rooms. Will be a new experience and certainly a higher level of excitment for us beach walkers. :roll:
 
Is it true,as some beachfront owners claim, that they own the beach to the mean waterline, a determination made based on a 19 year survey? If this is so, which I don't believe, it certainly compounds the problem of beach restoration and sea walls. Any legal comment?

the above looks similarly like(from the seawll thread):

I would like to know if beachfront owners own the beach to the mean water line, a determination made ,as I understand it ,over a 19 year peroid. I dont believe this, but if it's so, it compounds the whole problem of seawalls. Is there a legal opinion?

baseballnut, are you trying to get a point across here, or were you run off of someone's beach, or are you a new beachfront owner?
 
As long as I can remember, living first in Grayton, then on the Bay in Santa Rosa Beach, the beach has always been owned by the state. Dad used to build houses along the beach, but they were inexpensive due to the nature of building on sand. Sand shifts! I fail to understand how people can get insurance for expensive houses on sand dunes.
 
As long as I can remember, living first in Grayton, then on the Bay in Santa Rosa Beach, the beach has always been owned by the state. Dad used to build houses along the beach, but they were inexpensive due to the nature of building on sand. Sand shifts! I fail to understand how people can get insurance for expensive houses on sand dunes.

This could get real weird this week. I think that all may change.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top