• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Panama City Beach Future

New posts
O.K. sorry to offend those who love the Waffle House. The point I was trying to make was that just because someone is "working class" doesn't mean that they will be satisfied with nasty accomodations. Most people work all year to get a week's vacation. If the old places are clean and well run, that's fine and good, but a lot of PCB is run down and nasty.
 
"...but a lot of PCB is run down and nasty..."


Actually ,it is now mostly torn-down and rubble.

I will take '50s kitch over 2006 mamoth-tower-with
parking garage any day.
 
We used to be so easily amused





PCB / 1960's

OMG stop. You will have me in tears soon. I loved Petticoat Junction. :wub: This place has just about become unrecognizable now. Petticoat was where Walmart now stands. Let me weigh this in my mind:scratch: . Nope, I'd rather have Petticoat.
 
Shelly,

And if the Rednecks can't afford to stay in PCB, they'll just have to day trip from south Alabama. :D

I do miss the Miracle Strip Amusement Park, though. But I guess we can always spend our time at the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum :bang:


You might be a Redneck IF: You took your honeymoon photos to Ripley's Believe It Or Not and had to sleep there cause you could not afford to stay in a condo at PCB. :floor:
 
I will take '50s kitch over 2006 mamoth-tower-with
parking garage any day.
Attached Thumbnails

It used to be so nice to drive down the street and actually SEE the ocean.
 
just returned from a trip to the Forgotten Coast...Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe,
Apalach, St. George...you can actually drive and see the Gulf. Pretty quiet, seems as though some of the high end construction has stopped....

So, maybe there will be some of the old Florida feel left after all....
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top