• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Panama City Beach ranks 8th

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
from Yahoo Travel
(PCB ranked #3 last year)

click here for the link
Summary
Top 10 Beaches from Online Survey
1. Waikiki, HI 6. Daytona, FL
2. Key West, FL 7. Kaanapali, HI
3. Miami, FL 8. Panama City, FL
4. Tampa Bay, FL 9. Newport, CA
5. Santa Barbara, CA 10. Myrtle Beach, SC

Most Important Qualities
1. Cleanliness 47%
2. Scenery Panorama 46%
3. Climate 34%
4. Water Temperature 23%
5. Romance 22%

Top 5 Activities Engaged in While on the Beach
1. Having a party or BBQ 44%
2. Building sandcastles 29%
3. Having a cocktail 32%
4. Having "intimate" relations 18%
5. Flying a kite 13%
 
Here are the results from last year's Yahoo Travel Poll for best beaches:


click here for the link
Summary
We received 2,208 responses to our survey. We learned that 25 percent of respondents had been to the beach ten or more times in the past year... We discovered that while 13 percent of respondents said they had sunbathed nude, more than a quarter claimed to have had sex on the beach. Bring on the SPF 30.

1. Miami, FL. 6. St. Thomas, USVI
2. Myrtle Beach, SC 7. Key West, FL
3. Panama City, FL 8. Kaanapali, HI
4. Waikiki, HI 9. St. John, USVI
5. Tampa Bay, FL 10. Naples, FL


1. Cleanliness 56%
2. Scenery Panorama 55%
3. Climate 42%
4. Water Temperature 32%
5. Romance 21% (see number 4 below)


1. Drinking alcohol 47%
2. Building sandcastles 46%
3. Having a party (refer to number 4)or BBQ 43%
4. Having sex 27% (noticed that they cleaned up the terminology for 2005)
5. Flying a kite 21%
 
Plus...only top ten beach to allow NASCAR racing for ten years, Daytona Beach. Also, I wonder about these stats. Does this mean only 14% fewer people than boozehounds get lucky at the beach?
 
Smiling JOe said:
1. Drinking alcohol 47%
2. Building sandcastles 46%
3. Having a party (refer to number 4)or BBQ 43%
4. Having sex 27% (noticed that they cleaned up the terminology for 2005)
5. Flying a kite 21%

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to accomplish all 5 simultaneously. :shock: :lol:

Upon successful completion, you will have 5,000 added to your post count.
 
I have been around for a while, and I can think of only a few times when I saw people BBQing on the Beach. Now that I think about it, I have not seen people having sex on the Beach either, but I have unfortunately seen the remains of such acts, and I am not talking charcoal bags. I have witnessed kite flying, drinking, and sand castle construction. I notice in the poles that sex and alcohol consumption have a direct correlation.
 
kurt said:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to accomplish all 5 simultaneously. :shock: :lol:

Upon successful completion, you will have 5,000 added to your post count.
I think I could do it,but someone is going to have to flip the burgers.
 
Uh huh. Methinks this survey was not graced with a well rounded group of takers. I bet a bunch of preteen boys were trying to impress their girlfriends or something.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top