• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pandoras

New posts
:D Thanks Sam.... we are looking forward to the re-opening as we have loved Pandoras on the Island for many years as well as Pandoras next door.
 
Thanks for posting, Sam. Your post does bring up so many questions. How can an owner be so removed from his own business? As on owner, you can delegate, but you cannot remove your responsibilities. Yes, an inspection report is a more of a "snapshot" of a restaurant, and working in the food business for years, the inspectors seem to always show up in the rush of lunch, when all hell is breaking lose. I'm a little confused as to how the inspector found so many critical violations on a Monday when your restaurant is closed. Pandora's isn't even open for lunch, so I would think that there wouldn't have been crazy unique circumstances due to being in the middle of service. I could understand if the refrigerator broke sometime after service on Sunday, but that doesn't come close to explaining the other 38 Critical violations. Granted, some are more safety issues, and do not immediately threaten customers' health, but there are enough on there which do, that makes me more than a little concerned.

Some of the critical issues noted, are much more than needing a simple cleaning. They will require changing people's habits. Cleaning will be a breeze compared to changing the way people have always done things.

I applaud you for coming on here and facing the fire, and please continue to help convince us that Pandora's will be a place where we can feel good about dining. It really should be fairly easy for a new manager to come in and make some positive changes, because there is so much upswing potential. There is no reason why Pandora's shouldn't be packed with happy people every night they are open. If you ever want to lease out the space for another restaurant, please let me know. I may know a great potential tenant. Again, thanks for coming on here. I'm not looking for excuses, just changes for the better.
 
In order to clear up any misconceptions concerning the temporary closing of Pandora's of Grayton Beach, I would like to take this opportunity to respond to all of your comments and concerns. Pandora's of Grayton Beach did indeed have an unfavorable health inspection on December 3, 2007. We had a cooler that quit working properly overnight the night before. Since we are not open for business on Mondays, the fact that the cooler was not working properly wasn't discovered until the health inspector pointed it out to the office staff around noon on that Monday. All food product effected was immediately and voluntarily disposed of. Prior to this inspection, we were already planning a temporary closing to do some repairs to the building. Numerous repairs are now underway. We will reopen with new management in place as soon as these repairs are completed. In response to the comment concerning licensing for Pandora's of Grayton Beach, all business licenses associated with the establishment are current. The issue cited in the health insection is an individual food manager license belonging to the previous manager. It was unknown to us that his food manager certification had expired. In addition, the previous manager is in no way related to the Montalto family as reported by some of you. The Montalto family has owned and operated restaurants in the area for over 29 years. We sincerely care about the community in which we operate and sincerely regret any inconvience or concerns you as residents of this community have had relating to our closing. We look forward to seeing you when we reopen.

Sam Montalto

Sam, have an outdoor menu for the outside bar. Stay open later and have hamburgers for the kids. Throw a slab on the grill for me :clap:
 
Sam
The locals miss Pandoras. With new management you have a gold mine.
You will be able to hire more people and serve more people. We look forward to the reopening.
I hope you still have prime rib on Sunday and Wednesday.
 
I feel cautious about going back so quickly. Some of the violations were serious. Plus, if there isn't a complete change of staff, I am sure some of the existing staff members have habits, some of which should be changed, it would concern me.

By the way, I worked in the restaurant business when I was younger. Never, and I mean NEVER eat pickles in a restaurant. That's all I have to say on that subject.
 
I feel cautious about going back so quickly. Some of the violations were serious. Plus, if there isn't a complete change of staff, I am sure some of the existing staff members have habits, some of which should be changed, it would concern me.

By the way, I worked in the restaurant business when I was younger. Never, and I mean NEVER eat pickles in a restaurant. That's all I have to say on that subject.
I slapped a kid around when I was a kid for spitting in the pickle bucket at where I worked. Also stopped some others from taking a dump in the fryer and the place I worked at is top of the line fast food. Might be more than needed to be said. pui
 
Last edited:
Y'all can stop now. :wave:
 
I slapped a kid around when I was a kid for spitting in the pickle bucket at where I worked. Also stopped some others from taking a dump in the fryer and the place I worked at is top of the line fast food. Might be more than needed to be said. pui

A dump in the fryer? I cannot imagine. Was the oil trans fat free? :lolabove:
 
I slapped a kid around when I was a kid for spitting in the pickle bucket at where I worked. Also stopped some others from taking a dump in the fryer and the place I worked at is top of the line fast food. Might be more than needed to be said. pui

They did a lot more than spit in the pickles. I was working in a top rated pizza restaurant in another state. I will NEVER eat pickles in a restaurant regardless of who owns it!!

Now, i am curious, when he took a dump in the fryer, did it begin to deep fry immediately? Hopefully it burned his butt! :floor:
 
I slapped a kid around when I was a kid for spitting in the pickle bucket at where I worked. Also stopped some others from taking a dump in the fryer and the place I worked at is top of the line fast food. Might be more than needed to be said. pui

Never did the dump in a fryer, but you haven't seen anything until you've dumped a five gallon bucket of ice in one. :yikes: Don't know why we just decided it would be cool. Oh and I had to laugh at the bold part above.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top