• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Parking on Walton County Beaches

New posts

bennedy

Beach Lover
I read with interest this morning the article titled "A Line In The Sand" on the front page of our local fish-wrap Northwest Daily News. I didn't know there were 4 places where local property owners could drive on the beach. Of course there is Grayton and Inlet Beach [I know there was (is) a boat launch].but where is Walton Park and where the heck is the beach access for Seagrove Beach?(for vehicle access):idontno:

People are complaining about the amount of vehicles on the beach.A simple solution.. Limit the permits to homeowners that are homesteaded in Walton county.

And as far as being unsafe for the children playing on the beach..the local drivers I see are very careful when driving on the beach....the parents of the kids need to keep a closer eye on their kids......
 
I read with interest this morning the article titled "A Line In The Sand" on the front page of our local fish-wrap Northwest Daily News. I didn't know there were 4 places where local property owners could drive on the beach. Of course there is Grayton and Inlet Beach [I know there was (is) a boat launch].but where is Walton Park and where the heck is the beach access for Seagrove Beach?(for vehicle access):idontno:

People are complaining about the amount of vehicles on the beach.A simple solution.. Limit the permits to homeowners that are homesteaded in Walton county.

And as far as being unsafe for the children playing on the beach..the local drivers I see are very careful when driving on the beach....the parents of the kids need to keep a closer eye on their kids......

Good idea...I have been suggesting that very thing for a long time. The only downside I see, is if people own in Grayton proper. I feel they should be able to get a permit. Actually, now that I type that, where do you stop? Has anyone considered a beach taxi? :idontno:
 
Good idea...I have been suggesting that very thing for a long time. The only downside I see, is if people own in Grayton proper. I feel they should be able to get a permit. Actually, now that I type that, where do you stop? Has anyone considered a beach taxi? :idontno:

why? the rules/law/ordinance(whatever it is) should apply to all equally. as discussed before, as the county population grows, so will demand, putting more and more pressure on the ecosystem of our 'blue wave beaches'. limiting permits to homesteaded drivers is the most logical way to go, but also the most painful/noisy first step in the eventual banning of beach driving.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top