• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Paula Deen drinks butter!

New posts
Paula is just too much sometimes. I have a Southern accent but Paula's is sickeningly (is that a real word?) thick! I think she puts it on. It's worse than Nancy Grace's.

I have used some of her recipes, but knowing very well that they're horrible for you! (And yes, I think it did include a couple of stix of butter, tons of mayo and cream cheese!!)
 
Johnrudy said:
Paula is just too much sometimes. I have a Southern accent but Paula's is sickeningly (is that a real word?) thick! I think she puts it on. It's worse than Nancy Grace's.

I have used some of her recipes, but knowing very well that they're horrible for you! (And yes, I think it did include a couple of stix of butter, tons of mayo and cream cheese!!)
I love her, but you're right.
 
She was pretty funny on this cooking challenge she did with Bobby Flay. She seemed to be not so fake with the accent and more herself. She got in some good jabs at Bobby over his cooking techniques. So I think the southern accent is sometimes exaggerated.


My husband loves her, though. He thinks her recipes sound like heaven!
 
Her show is entertaining, although she could turn down the "ya'lls" a notch. I tried making three of her recipes, which were basically inedible because of the high fat content. Just way too rich. Those muffins are like balls of pure butter. The chicken pie casserole will keep you awake all night. And the deserts are all pretty much overdone to our tastes.

This butter preoccupation leads to big problems. Does anyone remember the cookbook writer, Laurie Colgin or something like that? She wrote about eating butter balls throughout her childhood...had a fatal heart attack in her 40s. Very unusual for a woman that age.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.
 
Donna said:
Does anyone remember the cookbook writer, Laurie Colgin or something like that? She wrote about eating butter balls throughout her childhood...had a fatal heart attack in her 40s. Very unusual for a woman that age.[/QUOTE

I don't remember (or know) Laurie Colgin. But I have been wondering what ever happened to a cook named Nathalie Dupree (I think that was her name). I used to watch her years ago.
 
MKH said:
She was pretty funny on this cooking challenge she did with Bobby Flay. She seemed to be not so fake with the accent and more herself. She got in some good jabs at Bobby over his cooking techniques. So I think the southern accent is sometimes exaggerated.


My husband loves her, though. He thinks her recipes sound like heaven!


my husband thinks she's great too - he turns her show on and i just sit there gagging over her accent.
 
she better be careful...look what happend to one of the "Two Fat Ladies"

I miss that show, everything they made was bad for you!!
 
BR: Love your tar!

I kinda like ole Paula! She makes me laugh and reminds me of a friend of mine...:D
 
I love a southern accent, but Paula could not hold a candle to the late great Julia Childs. It was Julia, after all, who always thought as much wine should go into the cook as into the recipe the cook was cooking. Now that's my kind of gal! And unlike butta, vino is good for you. :clap_1:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top